MLB.TV/MLB at Bat App

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows phone app store used to have the MLB.TV and MLB At Bat app, but I no longer see it. This app is quite important to me as I can watch games while on the train commuting. I don't want have to switch to an Android phone for the apps. Just last year they were available, anybody know what's up and if they will come back to windows phones?

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I emailed them again and was very specific. I said that I have last years app and was waiting to renew my subscription when the app is updated. I asked if they were going to update it. Here's the response.

Thank you for your inquiry. At Bat is available for supported Apple, Android and Kindle Fire/Fire Phone mobile devices for the 2016 season.

If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Service at 866-800-1275 (US) or 512-434-1542 (International).

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Service
------------------------------

It's not going to happen, unfortunately. That's really disappointing

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had a renewing annual subscription and told them that I couldn't use it. They asked if I had another device to use, and when I said no, they refunded me. MLB Streamer works great for radio broadcasts, which is all I used previously.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I emailed them again and was very specific. I said that I have last years app and was waiting to renew my subscription when the app is updated. I asked if they were going to update it. Here's the response.

Thank you for your inquiry. At Bat is available for supported Apple, Android and Kindle Fire/Fire Phone mobile devices for the 2016 season.

If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Service at 866-800-1275 (US) or 512-434-1542 (International).

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Service
------------------------------

It's not going to happen, unfortunately. That's really disappointing

I just noticed the part about the Fire Phone being supported. Why? Isn't that more dead than the Windows Mobile apparently is?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have At Bat installed on my Windows Phone 8.1 from last season (2015). As others have said, it now seems to be missing important parts of the functionality, even after logging in with the proper MLB subscription and password. The notifications can be turned on for your favorite team and they work. The notification alerts, from the game, display on the phone, but no radio or game screens showing live play, box scores, nor field screen.

Then, SURPRISE, one time, during a game, I tapped on the notification before it disappeared and then, after a moment, the familiar screen (from last year) opened up with "LIVE, BOX, PLAYS, VIDEO and FIELD" across the top of the screen and the batter and ball throws showing! The app works. Even the radio.

It's a kludge, yes, but it has worked on every game since. Just tap, firmly, a notification from the game.

Best Wishes

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have At Bat installed on my Windows Phone 8.1 from last season (2015). As others have said, it now seems to be missing important parts of the functionality, even after logging in with the proper MLB subscription and password. The notifications can be turned on for your favorite team and they work. The notification alerts, from the game, display on the phone, but no radio or game screens showing live play, box scores, nor field screen.

Then, SURPRISE, one time, during a game, I tapped on the notification before it disappeared and then, after a moment, the familiar screen (from last year) opened up with "LIVE, BOX, PLAYS, VIDEO and FIELD" across the top of the screen and the batter and ball throws showing! The app works. Even the radio.

It's a kludge, yes, but it has worked on every game since. Just tap, firmly, a notification from the game.

Best Wishes

You are one lucky dude! Sadly, I can't get it back unless I go with Windows 10.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad that it works for Windows 10 Mobile but the difference between notifications on iOS and W10M is bugging me.
ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1464833001.791103.jpg

ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1464833327.250813.jpg

By the way, the notification can't be expanded. Tried with my 640 and no luck. :/

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, our app (old app) is terrible compared to IOS. I strongly considered jumping ship just because of this app (I love me some baseball), but I upgraded to the 950XL instead

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yea, our app (old app) is terrible compared to IOS. I strongly considered jumping ship just because of this app (I love me some baseball), but I upgraded to the 950XL instead

So how are you dealing with this? MLB streamer? Msn sports app? Something else?
The sports app is a bummer to me. What is the point of a live tile if I have to keep opening the actual app to get any actual updates. The lack of push notifications also hurts too.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So how are you dealing with this? MLB streamer? Msn sports app? Something else?
The sports app is a bummer to me. What is the point of a live tile if I have to keep opening the actual app to get any actual updates. The lack of push notifications also hurts too.

Honestly, I just use the espn app for score notifications and then I'll check the game using the browser. The at bat app still has video highlights. Its not efficient at all but it's the best I can do. While I love baseball, I'm not the biggest fan of listening to it so mlb streamer is not really an option for me. I can listen to it on occasion but not everyday. I'll watch all 162 Indians games if I could. It seems like the only thing for me to do is buy a used iPod and tether from my phone....but I don't want to spend money on the iPod. I don't know. This sucks

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad that it works for Windows 10 Mobile but the difference between notifications on iOS and W10M is bugging me.
View attachment 127034

View attachment 127036

By the way, the notification can't be expanded. Tried with my 640 and no luck. :/

Tapping the notifications for At Bat 2015 works on my wife's two WP 8.1 phones too. But, as I said, logged into the subscription, with notifications for the team turned on, and only during a game, immediately upon notification. Don't just try it once. Keep at it.
Sometimes my wife can't get it to work and hands it to me. I tap solid and quick and it works.
Best Wishes

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Tapping the notifications for At Bat 2015 works on my wife's two WP 8.1 phones too. But, as I said, logged into the subscription, with notifications for the team turned on, and only during a game, immediately upon notification. Don't just try it once. Keep at it.
Sometimes my wife can't get it to work and hands it to me. I tap solid and quick and it works.
Best Wishes
I get what you are saying. For me, there is usually a delay between when I will read the notification and when I get it so only seeing the beginning of it does nothing for me at all. At this point, I'm just keeping it for the videos, and personal vanity (team icon pinned to start is great!).

I'm trying out the ESPN app, which seems to be alright. It's probably different for me because I don't have a sub. I just need game updates and team news pushed to my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss