MLB.TV/MLB at Bat App

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows phone app store used to have the MLB.TV and MLB At Bat app, but I no longer see it. This app is quite important to me as I can watch games while on the train commuting. I don't want have to switch to an Android phone for the apps. Just last year they were available, anybody know what's up and if they will come back to windows phones?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly, MLB for Windows Phone didn't arrive until right around opening day last year. I'd suggest waiting until the season starts to see if the app becomes available again.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It actually was a little worse than that last year. They claimed they weren't going to release an app at all, so the first month and a half of the season we went without before they caved.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Weirdly enough, I tried Windows 10 Mobile a few months ago, and I was able to install it on there, but not 8.1. I hope it returns soon. Like you, that app is very important to me.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by libra89
Weirdly enough, I tried Windows 10 Mobile a few months ago, and I was able to install it on there, but not 8.1. I hope it returns soon. Like you, that app is very important to me.

I emailed their support a few days ago asking if they were going to update their app for the 2016 season and they replied, "We do not support Windows mobile devices".
We'll have to wait and see what happens. I also sent a tweet to @mlb asking the same question but I didn't get a reply

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Got the same response and a return for my annual subscription fee. Hopefully they come around. I just want a way to listen to games. If MLB, Tune-in Radio, or Sirius would get their act together and publish a UWP app I would be happy and gladly give them my money for a monthly or annual subscription.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's painful that the season officially started yesterday and yet, it seems like it is nowhere to be found. The kicker is that the iOS and Android apps were updated last week(!) for the season.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Tune in is updated, but you can't use Tune in premium on Windows devices so you still can't listen to games on there. Their twitter response was "Hello! I believe it's in the works. Stay tuned."

Still no viable option.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Similar thing happened in 2015. At Bat was out for the 2014 season, but for some reason, they bowed out for 2015. Suddenly around late May / early June, At Bat 15 showed up in the store. Beggars can't be choosers, but the app was the exact same as the one that was released for 2014, save the name change. I don't see why they can't just do the same thing for 2016. I still have the app from last season installed and at least it's good for push notifications, however it doesn't seem to want to show scores or schedules anymore.

Hopefully if people keep bugging them, we can at least get them to re-release the old app, just updated for this year. I travel a lot for work and it really stinks not being able to at least listen to the games on the road.

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully if people keep bugging them, we can at least get them to re-release the old app, just updated for this year. I travel a lot for work and it really stinks not being able to at least listen to the games on the road.

It seems like it should be an easy thing to do, just update the existing app with current dates.Everything else in the app is current, I get score updates, and it has daily highlight videos. Just update it so I can listen to my games all ready MLB!

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I wish we had a universal app for Windows 10 but in the meantime check out the "MLB Streamer" app in the store. It's 3rd party and doesn't support video, but allows you to stream the audio feeds for your MLB.TV account. Lets you listen to the game on the drive home if nothing else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire