Hello everyone! I have a question! If an app is built using Microsoft's UWP, in store must say "Built for Windows 10" right?
    03-09-2016 05:54 PM
    I don't believe that HAS TO say that, it IS a selling point because it implies a touch-friendly interface which is optimal for smaller screens.

Sent from mTalk
    03-09-2016 09:51 PM
    Oh. I thought "Built for Windows 10 " meant that you're using new UWP APIs..

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    03-10-2016 07:04 AM
    Oh. I thought "Built for Windows 10 " meant that you're using new UWP APIs..
    That's my understanding.
    03-10-2016 10:07 AM
    I found an article that clears up this whole "Built for Windows 10" matter:

http://www.winbeta.org/news/built-wi...-windows-store

In short, this label serves to distinguish app that were built for Windows 8 from the ones that were designed with the latest API for Windows 10. The key difference mentioned is how the apps scale.

Sent from mTalk
    eusty likes this.
    03-11-2016 08:34 PM
    The key difference mentioned is how the apps scale
    It doesn't really say that!
    03-12-2016 10:51 AM
    It doesn't really say that!

If you went to school, you should be able to read and comprehend a "whole" article. And I shouldn't have to spoon-feed it to you.

"Running Windows 8.1 apps in Windows 10 can be awkward and create a mixed user interface so knowing an app is built for Windows 10 is a draw."

Sent from mTalk
    Last edited by mrmobileperformance; 03-12-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    03-12-2016 02:11 PM
    That doesn't describe why an app is a UWP or not, it describes a problems that could occur when using an 8.1 app on W10. It doesn't even mention scaling issues!

Maybe you can read this....as you obviously went to school.

To the OP the link is a good read to understanding UWP. If you have trouble understanding then mrmobileperformance can spoon-feed you.
    Jens Ansorg likes this.
    03-12-2016 03:23 PM
    That doesn't describe why an app is a UWP or not, it describes a problems that could occur when using an 8.1 app on W10. It doesn't even mention scaling issues!

Maybe you can read this....as you obviously went to school.

To the OP the link is a good read to understanding UWP. If you have trouble understanding then mrmobileperformance can spoon-feed you.

This thread is about:

>>Hello everyone! I have a question! If an app is built using Microsoft's UWP, in store must say "Built for Windows 10" right?<<

The article you linked says nothing about whether UWP app must be called "Build for Windows 10" or not. instead you're going into a straw man argument about scaling issues. If you want to the topic to scaling issues why don't you start a new thread about scaling issues.

Sent from mTalk
    03-12-2016 10:20 PM