I am getting frustrated with Groove. Its "need" to be connected when. Now it keeps crashing, and I am left without any music. I have hard reset the phone and it still does not work well.

So is there another app, that people would suggest?
    03-14-2016 09:20 AM
    Vlc

I've no idea why it keeps changing VLC to Vlc if I just post it as one word...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-14-2016 09:38 AM
    Again thank you with the quick reply, I have downloaded and started to play with this, I like it. Is there a good place to get documentation?
    03-14-2016 11:23 AM
    Groove works fine on my 1520.3 running .164. It's come a long way.
    Jazmac likes this.
    03-14-2016 11:38 PM
    Loco music player is the best one i used so far try it!!!!!:D
    03-14-2016 11:57 PM
    MUSICUS is great

Sent from mTalk
    03-15-2016 12:01 AM
    Core player, Loco music player and try n7player, music locker they are best. But groove music is fine now. Working perfectly on my Lumia 730.
    03-15-2016 07:00 AM
    Is Zbox still alive ? It was pretty nice ! (Sorry, not working for W10... maybe you could send messages to the developer ?)
    03-15-2016 05:15 PM
    Find My Music Too is a great app.
    Loco music player appears to be free for the day which is nice so I guess I'll give that a try too and see how it fares.
    03-15-2016 05:47 PM
    I am getting frustrated with Groove. Its "need" to be connected when. Now it keeps crashing, and I am left without any music. I have hard reset the phone and it still does not work well.

So is there another app, that people would suggest?
    To play music it needs an internet connection? Why? Is your app updated?

My songs in storage play just fine, no pop up asking for internet access
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    03-16-2016 05:38 AM
    Is Zbox still alive ? It was pretty nice ! (Sorry, not working for W10... maybe you could send messages to the developer ?)
    Zbox is still listed but when I install it on my Fierce XL it doesn't go past the splash screen before crashing :( It doesn't seem to work on W10M.
    03-16-2016 06:08 AM
    That's how Trivia Crack is now.
    03-16-2016 06:20 AM
    ZBox dev here. I had to put aside ZBox for a while for personal reasons (moving to a new country and whatnot), but I swear it's not dead:)

I'll fix the app for Win10 mobile, it's actually a pretty silly thing - Microsoft changed something in how resources (like the accent color) can be overwritten, resulting in a crash on Win10 for the same code that works on 8. I'll submit a dirty fix for that asap, it should reach you guys in a few days - assuming it doesn't take the full two weeks for Microsoft to approve the new release after such a long hiatus.

However, the current app will reach the end of it's life soon. After this bugfix (and others if they come up), I won't be spending time on the existing WP8 app, focusing on a ground-up rewrite on UWP instead.
    03-16-2016 09:03 AM
    ZBox dev here. I had to put aside ZBox for a while for personal reasons (moving to a new country and whatnot), but I swear it's not dead:)

I'll fix the app for Win10 mobile, it's actually a pretty silly thing - Microsoft changed something in how resources (like the accent color) can be overwritten, resulting in a crash on Win10 for the same code that works on 8. I'll submit a dirty fix for that asap, it should reach you guys in a few days - assuming it doesn't take the full two weeks for Microsoft to approve the new release after such a long hiatus.

However, the current app will reach the end of it's life soon. After this bugfix (and others if they come up), I won't be spending time on the existing WP8 app, focusing on a ground-up rewrite on UWP instead.
    You are a good guy. But ddoesn't it lose its purpose in New UWP Language because it's supposed to be a combination of Xbox music and Zune.
    03-16-2016 04:46 PM

Will it still use the same gorgeous UI it has now or are you going to hamburger it?
    Also Groove Music API when?
    03-16-2016 06:05 PM
    Well, I like the metro/zune design. That was the main reason I wrote the app - to have a player I actually like to use on my phone. Might as well publish it then:)

There are problems with Win10 though, especially around menus and fonts: they changed a _lot_ of the default styles, so everything looks out of place. I'll probably have to release a design fix update for ZBox 1 after the startup fix to make things resemble the WP8 version at least from a distance.

As for ZBox2, I played around with different takes on the current design, as it won't translate well to bigger (especially landscape) screens. One of those experiments was a single-page design like the W10M XBM app, but I just couldn't get it to a state I was satisfied with. The now playing swipe-in will probably move to the bottom though as the sides are taken on the desktop. Maybe I'll leave it on the right on phones, or make it customizable. We'll see.

As for using the XBox Music API, unfortunately Microsoft doesn't seem to be interested in allowing 3rd party apps access to the streaming stuff - I did reach out them a few times, to no avail. However, vNext has OneDrive support built-in (no streaming though).
    Last edited by Istvan Farmosi; 03-17-2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo fix.
    NokiLumia520 likes this.
    03-17-2016 11:43 AM
    @NokiLumia520:
    I'm not sure I follow, sorry. UWP does allow you to design an app to look Zune-ish, it just takes a bit more effort as the Windows built-in stuff (like long-press menus, the buttons on the bottom, etc) look like Win10 instead of WP8. I'll have to re-style those, or somehow adapt the ZBox 1 design to go well with them.
    NokiLumia520 likes this.
    03-17-2016 11:47 AM
    Apologies for the necropost - public service announcement: the win10 fix release is in the store :)
    03-27-2016 08:10 AM