Is FB messenger app broken?

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be having a problem with the FB Messenger app. This started yesterday. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times. I have soft reset and hard reset my phone. Tried with the SD card in and the SD card removed. I still get the same problem.

When I launch the app I get a yellow bar at the top. First it says "connecting", then it says "Waiting for Network" and it just hangs there and never connects.

Funny thing is that if I pick a contact it will send the message since I can check on my PC, but it still doesn't sync the conversation and stays hung up on the "Waiting for Network" screen.
I don't think its a phone problem since I tried the app on my Icon that's running 8.1 and I get the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Whatever was causing my connection to fail has self corrected. It appears that it was either an internet problem or , and most likely, a FB issue. A bit more research on my part showed that a few other people have had this same issue on different platforms. I'm posting this just in case someone else has the same problem so they wont spend hours reinstalling the app or doing soft and hard resets for apparently no reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon