On my Lumia 640 I can not find the update adviser app in the windows store. Why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On my lumia 640 i can not find update advisor app in the windows store. Why?

i have searched for update advisor app in windows phone store but unable to find it.

Andcin

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: On my lumia 640 i can not find update advisor app in the windows store. Why?

I did manage to find the app but it's telling me that they are working with the mobile operator and phone manufacterer to make the upgrade :/

I have an unlocked model ( Lumia 640)
Not sure what to do.
any help ?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
What's going on here? My Microsoft Lumia 640 cannot find the app either. Going to the Store gives me a faded "Get this app" button that doesn't do anything and a message telling me I need Windows 10 to get this app. Which is just the funniest thing ever since I need the app to get Windows 10. I thought I'd be sneaky and install the app on my Lumia 830 which is my Windows Insider device but neither phone can find it in the Store with just a search and going to the link just tells me to go to the Store to install the application. Oh good gosh haha just when I thought Microsoft got this right. They're awfully intent on not giving us the official OTA update for Windows 10 Mobile. "We'll postpone as long as we can and when we finally release the update you'll need an app you can only get when you're on Windows 10. HAHAHAHA."

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: On my lumia 640 i can not find update advisor app in the windows store. Why?

I did manage to find the app but it's telling me that they are working with the mobile operator and phone manufacterer to make the upgrade :/

I have an unlocked model ( Lumia 640)
Not sure what to do.
any help ?
It could well be a carrier thing, although as to why baffles me. Do you have any carrier specific apps etc? As to whether unlocked or not, I would guess unlocked would be OK. It could also be a region thing..

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Please go to win official announcement page. Click from the like there. You would require login with Microsoft account to have the get app link enabled

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Please go to win official announcement page. Click from the like there. You would require login with Microsoft account to have the get app link enabled

Thanks for that Huzefa it worked, didn't have to login and don't quite understand why all the hoop-jumping to get a simple app installed.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What's your phone's region? I've had the same problem, but switching to US resolved it.

In western Canada using the RM-985 on Telus... Never changed one thing on my phone and just followed that suggested by Huzefa, tried many other avenues but they all failed to produce, from my reads it seems there's no one solution that fits all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077