What's the best transparent weather tile

JordanC117

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to make a start screen that's mostly transparent but the stock weather app I usually use can't and the other ones I've tried don't seem to be as accurate. Any recommendations

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

Are you referring to PC or phone?

That really depends on where you are, since the accuracy of weather services vary per country. If you're in US, UK, or Japan, then almost any of the following are quite accurate:
- Accuweather is - it has a transparent live tile in Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10, but maybe still none in Windows Phone 8)
- WeatherChannel (just Weather) - no transparent tile
- AppyWeather - with transparent tile and weather alerts, uses Forecast.io, has lock screen options
- Forecast - with transparent tile, also uses Forecast.io and yr.no - you can choose which is more accurate for your location, has lock screen options

If you're living outside of those countries, then you can try these apps:
- Prognoza - with transparent live tile and weather alerts, has lock screen options
- 4castr - with transparent live tile and weather alerts, uses Weather Underground
- Amazing Weather HD - with transparent live tile, uses Weather Underground, good lock screen options

I have all of these installed in my Windows 10 Mobile and are pinned to my lock screen. They're all paid, except Accuweather and The Weather Channel.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Amazing Weather HD is my go-to on phone. I'm super pleased with the accuracy. Pin the GPS to your Start and the Live Tile keeps up with you when you travel, even just to the next town. It has proven itself when I went overseas to Europe and on a long driving vacation around the western US.

You can create up to 6 pages inside the App for different cities you want to keep tabs on. Beautiful "real weather" wallpapers on those pages and your lock screen that match conditions.

The Live Tile is just what you need. Lots of transparent options at every size. Choose the front and back info displayed at each size.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
re:

Amazing weatherHD is pretty good. I tend to use Metweather. The large tile has the right amount of info without overloading the tile. I have gone right off of Accuweather. I felt the previous app was fab. The minute cast was pretty much bang on, but in the W10 app, I don't seem to use it. Haven't tried it since the dark theme.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

Amazing weatherHD is pretty good. I tend to use Metweather. The large tile has the right amount of info without overloading the tile. I have gone right off of Accuweather. I felt the previous app was fab. The minute cast was pretty much bang on, but in the W10 app, I don't seem to use it. Haven't tried it since the dark theme.
Unable to find Metweather in store. On insider preview Redstone. Would like to try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans