I'm trying to make a start screen that's mostly transparent but the stock weather app I usually use can't and the other ones I've tried don't seem to be as accurate. Any recommendations
    03-29-2016 01:28 AM
    Are you referring to PC or phone?

That really depends on where you are, since the accuracy of weather services vary per country. If you're in US, UK, or Japan, then almost any of the following are quite accurate:
    - Accuweather is - it has a transparent live tile in Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10, but maybe still none in Windows Phone 8)
    - WeatherChannel (just Weather) - no transparent tile
    - AppyWeather - with transparent tile and weather alerts, uses Forecast.io, has lock screen options
    - Forecast - with transparent tile, also uses Forecast.io and yr.no - you can choose which is more accurate for your location, has lock screen options

If you're living outside of those countries, then you can try these apps:
    - Prognoza - with transparent live tile and weather alerts, has lock screen options
    - 4castr - with transparent live tile and weather alerts, uses Weather Underground
    - Amazing Weather HD - with transparent live tile, uses Weather Underground, good lock screen options

I have all of these installed in my Windows 10 Mobile and are pinned to my lock screen. They're all paid, except Accuweather and The Weather Channel.
    Are you referring to PC or phone?

That really depends on where you are, since the accuracy of weather services vary per country. If you're in US, UK, or Japan, then almost any of the following are quite accurate:
    - Accuweather is - it has a transparent live tile in Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10, but maybe still none in Windows Phone 8)
    - WeatherChannel (just Weather) - no transparent tile
    - AppyWeather - with transparent tile and weather alerts, uses Forecast.io, has lock screen options
    - Forecast - with transparent tile, also uses Forecast.io and yr.no - you can choose which is more accurate for your location, has lock screen options

If you're living outside of those countries, then you can try these apps:
    - Prognoza - with transparent live tile and weather alerts, has lock screen options
    - 4castr - with transparent live tile and weather alerts, uses Weather Underground
    - Amazing Weather HD - with transparent live tile, uses Weather Underground, good lock screen options

I have all of these installed in my Windows 10 Mobile and are pinned to my lock screen. They're all paid, except Accuweather and The Weather Channel.
    aximtreo, ven07 and RumoredNow like this.
    03-29-2016 07:09 AM
    Amazing Weather HD is my go-to on phone. I'm super pleased with the accuracy. Pin the GPS to your Start and the Live Tile keeps up with you when you travel, even just to the next town. It has proven itself when I went overseas to Europe and on a long driving vacation around the western US.

You can create up to 6 pages inside the App for different cities you want to keep tabs on. Beautiful "real weather" wallpapers on those pages and your lock screen that match conditions.

The Live Tile is just what you need. Lots of transparent options at every size. Choose the front and back info displayed at each size.
    03-29-2016 10:28 AM
    Amazing Weather HD since I started using Windows Phone. Have switched occasionally but always go back to it.
    03-29-2016 10:47 AM
    03-29-2016 12:41 PM
    Amazing weatherHD is pretty good. I tend to use Metweather. The large tile has the right amount of info without overloading the tile. I have gone right off of Accuweather. I felt the previous app was fab. The minute cast was pretty much bang on, but in the W10 app, I don't seem to use it. Haven't tried it since the dark theme.
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    03-29-2016 12:44 PM
    Amazing weatherHD is pretty good. I tend to use Metweather. The large tile has the right amount of info without overloading the tile. I have gone right off of Accuweather. I felt the previous app was fab. The minute cast was pretty much bang on, but in the W10 app, I don't seem to use it. Haven't tried it since the dark theme.
    Unable to find Metweather in store. On insider preview Redstone. Would like to try it.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-30-2016 11:13 AM
    Unable to find Metweather in store. On insider preview Redstone. Would like to try it.
    Metweather is UK only, don't know if that could be the reason...
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    03-30-2016 11:28 AM
    Metweather is UK only, don't know if that could be the reason...
    Thanks. That's the issue. US store here.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-30-2016 12:43 PM
    Thanks. That's the issue. US store here.
    Go ahead and switch Regions. I'm sure it is totally worth it to know the weather in Hucknall. http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH2...UyMEtpbmdkb20=

ven07 likes this.
    03-30-2016 02:46 PM