SNAPCHAT on w10 not official app in windows 10 store

Simonas Sereiva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello. Who still don't knows that in windows store there is not official snapchat app - Specter. I have it about one month and I love it! You can view messages, stories, send messages, add friends and many more... Also you can view messages unlimited time, import pictures which you want to send. Go to store and purchase the app. Just 1.50?! It's worth the money.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've heard hit and miss stories on this one regarding bans, so I would proceed with caution.

I'm keeping an eye on this one though. Might drop the Bing Rewards cash on it so I can better evaluate it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty, thought I'd drop in and talk about it since I just got my hands on it.

In a nutshell, its awkward but promising. I think it could be an analogy for early W10M itself.
It's clunky, lacks features, may not be best for a daily use app, but it has a bright future ahead of it if all (or most) goes well.

I can send photos to people it seems, but I haven't tried it myself - don't think I can edit photos I take though. I can receive text, video and picture messages.

Stories are called "Day" messages and viewing them works (it actually uses the built-in photo and video viewers) but its slower and less fluid than Snapchat in reality. Whereas Snapchat loads all at once, Specter takes it on-demand.

The backend appears to be handled by Casper, a third-party Snapchat app available on Android. (and the site says it supports Blackberry interestingly enough)
If you pop onto it's Facebook page, it appears they deal with ban waves well enough with API changes and whatnot. And bans appear to be 12-24 hours, although I remember 6snap where there would be a few tempbans before the hammer came down. A really interesting thing since you'd expect all Android users to make do with the official app. (although most do)

I might log back into SC on this iPhone 4 I have though because the features probably outweigh not being on my body all the time.

I would definitely consider looking at it, since you're probably looking at a tempban or a few before a permaban and behavior appears to affect what Snapchat detects.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Omg it actually works!! Now its nowhere near 6Snap but it is a step in the right direction. A bit of bother setting it up at first as I had forgotten my snapchat password (last time I used it was with 6Snap a ling time ago lol) but yes its very VERY good. A little buggy but OMG it's brilliant. Thanks for the tip OP!!

Kyle Flaker

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Omg it actually works!! Now its nowhere near 6Snap but it is a step in the right direction. A bit of bother setting it up at first as I had forgotten my snapchat password (last time I used it was with 6Snap a ling time ago lol) but yes its very VERY good. A little buggy but OMG it's brilliant. Thanks for the tip OP!!

Is the app supporting text on photos or direct messaging? I can't find the features anywhere and there's a lack of user guides to be found.

Simonas Sereiva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Everyone, go to store and update or buy Specter! Now it has photos editor, where you can add the text! Support developer by giving 5 stars! What do you think about photos editor?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Is the app supporting text on photos or direct messaging? I can't find the features anywhere and there's a lack of user guides to be found.

The new version 1.5.1 supports image editing, adding texts and its much quicker. Its slowly getting there. In the next version it will have the camera on the home page. Please donate (optional) as its an incredible app and its brilliantly presented!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Specter version 1.5.1 new features.
489530adbe6f39a89a07c09721e7c620.png
27dde64e020bb2d182d81ae6af33a890.png
324fda0f44f6cc216d368d0ca2ce20fb.png
2441e40d8139b214b86f326dbfaf562d.png

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
But now I tried to send message to my other snapchat acc on android and it sends just black space. Maybe it's the issue?

Is it the pics on your Android thats not showing? Can you take a screenshot of the problem? If you want to for privacy block or crop out your username. I can't view messages myself yet (on windows phone) all I can see is pics that my friends have shared to public (all users) so like id say we have the same issue. It will be added to the next build as it says in settings then go to help and the developer has outlined what's coming. He / she has done well. They promised picture edit and thy have delivered. Be patient it's in development mode so give it a chance. :)

Simonas Sereiva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Is it the pics on your Android thats not showing? Can you take a screenshot of the problem? If you want to for privacy block or crop out your username. I can't view messages myself yet (on windows phone) all I can see is pics that my friends have shared to public (all users) so like id say we have the same issue. It will be added to the next build as it says in settings then go to help and the developer has outlined what's coming. He / she has done well. They promised picture edit and thy have delivered. Be patient it's in development mode so give it a chance. :)

Send to my acc picture. I need to know is this problem is just for me or for all. (my secondary acc name is simasser72).
Im using this app since it had just two functions: Send and see pictures and I'm very happy that the app is geting updates, even if it has issues. :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Send to my acc picture. I need to know is this problem is just for me or for all. (my secondary acc name is simasser72).

Im using this app since it had just two functions: Send and see pictures and I'm very happy that the app is geting updates, even if it has issues. :)

Sounds like you have the same issue as I do. Don't worry it will get better. To see your friends snaps tap the hamburger menu and then tap day and you will see them all. But you cannot see messages but the snaps you send your friends they will see them. I have friends on iPhone and Android that see my snaps.

Simonas Sereiva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you have the same issue as I do. Don't worry it will get better. To see your friends snaps tap the hamburger menu and then tap day and you will see them all. But you cannot see messages but the snaps you send your friends they will see them. I have friends on iPhone and Android that see my snaps.

Maybe we are talking not about the same issue. I can see messages and story (day) massages. But when I send message to others - they see black picture, where is no photo and text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte