Viber 6 for Windows Mobile is great!

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Today my L640 received update for Viber.
It's version 6.0.
Video calls are not implemented yet (icon shows 'soon').
Everything else works and looks much better now.

Well done!

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Sure.

t1c6bI3.png

Replicant01

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am also on Viber 6.0 for Windows 10 Mobile since yesterday, and I am having mostly positive impressions so far.

My only issue is that my live tile counter for new messages in the Viber live tile is not displaying new messages at all, thus my lock screen counter for new Viber messages is not displaying anything, and neither is glance screen.

My Lumia 950 is vibrating on incoming messages, banners are also displayed correctly, everything else is working fine. But in case I don't see the banner or don't hear / feel the sound or vibration, I am not aware of new messages, I have to wake up the device and look in the action center...

Anyone else having this issue?

And also, where does one report issues and provide feedback to the Viber team for Viber 6.0 beta?

BR

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am also on Viber 6.0 for Windows 10 Mobile since yesterday, and I am having mostly positive impressions so far.

My only issue is that my live tile counter for new messages in the Viber live tile is not displaying new messages at all, thus my lock screen counter for new Viber messages is not displaying anything, and neither is glance screen.

My Lumia 950 is vibrating on incoming messages, banners are also displayed correctly, everything else is working fine. But in case I don't see the banner or don't hear / feel the sound or vibration, I am not aware of new messages, I have to wake up the device and look in the action center...

Anyone else having this issue?

And also, where does one report issues and provide feedback to the Viber team for Viber 6.0 beta?

BR

Store link please

Replicant01

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have a link other than the regular one, I am participating in the beta test of the Viber for Win 10 Mobile Universal app, and my app got updated automatically.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell if there is an option to directly reply to message from banner? (feature that SMS has?)
Also is file sharing present?

panos_mir

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Viber 6.0 too. I don't have any issue except for notifications. I have too open the app to load new messages.

Sent from mTalk

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
What makes viber any different from say Line or Skype? Line is awesome and has tonnes of emoji and stickers, you can make free calls etc. What makes viber any better? Do people do video calls a lot? I usually don't do video calls. I could see it being handy in a business environment but is it used in the consumer space a lot?

Replicant01

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, there is no possibility for me to answer directly from Action Center - I have not paid attention if there is the possibility to answer directly from the banner itself.

It seems that right now only files and videos as well as voice messages and contacts can be shared..

The live tile also displays the picture and the last message of the last person who wrote you.

The notifications in the Action Center as well as the banners are presented in a far more attractive way than they were until now.

Hopefully the new message counter gets fixed soon, this is my only gripe so far - I reinstalled the app but it didn't fix the issue.

BR

Replicant01

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
What makes viber any different from say Line or Skype? Line is awesome and has tonnes of emoji and stickers, you can make free calls etc. What makes viber any better? Do people do video calls a lot? I usually don't do video calls. I could see it being handy in a business environment but is it used in the consumer space a lot?

The difference is, that where I live about 99% of the people use Viber. Some are using additionally the FB Messenger, and that's about it - nobody is using WhatsApp, and almost nobody has ever even heard of Line. I don't do video calls either, I am just used to Viber as almost everybody I know :)

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, there is no possibility for me to answer directly from Action Center - I have not paid attention if there is the possibility to answer directly from the banner itself.

It seems that right now only files and videos as well as voice messages and contacts can be shared..

The live tile also displays the picture and the last message of the last person who wrote you.

The notifications in the Action Center as well as the banners are presented in a far more attractive way than they were until now.

Hopefully the new message counter gets fixed soon, this is my only gripe so far - I reinstalled the app but it didn't fix the issue.

BR

If the Quick reply is not there, can you suggest it to developers? Thanks

Replicant01

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Sooo, I don't know where to provide feedback, so I'm providing it here:

Today I received an update to Viber, no jump in versioning so far, but I don't care, because notifications started working finally!
Well...at least sort of...
Now I am receiving updates on the live tile counter and thus on the lock screen.. So at least I don't have to wake up the phone to see if a new message has arrived.
The problem is, that when I receive e.g. 3 messages, the in-app counter shows "3".. But the live tile - and thus the lock screen - most of the time displays "99" - which seems to be the maximum count.
Closing the app does not fix this. Sometimes on a new message the counter shows the correct number of new messages, just to start displaying "99" on the next received one..
Well, but hey, at least the live tile and the lock screen now do show SOMETHING at all :)

EDIT:
Restarting the phone did not fix the issue either - live tile and lock screen are still displaying 99 new messages, although there are no new messages in the app itself. Let's check the behavior after I have received a real new message..

BR

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99