Instagram vs 3rd Party Apps?

Norris Rochelle

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Instagram vs 3rd Party Apps

With Instagram updating their app and giving third party apps competition where do you stand? Of course the new Instagram app is amazing but a lot of people prefer to use 6Tag solely because of the UI and it's unique features. Now that Instagram has an official app will they do away with 3rd party apps? In most cases 3rd party apps look better than official apps and bring some interesting abilities to the table. Some people dislike 3rd party app vendors because of ads, security and possibly popularity. Snapchat made a statement about ridding online stores of 3rd party apps due to "Security issues" which would be a plausible reason to eliminate 3rd party apps. I once had a galaxy with a modified version of Snapchat (for filters. effects, etc) just to see the developer tell us that Snapchat would take him to court if he didn't shut down the project. How do you feel about 3rd party apps? Would you prefer Windows Phone to have official apps with a no tolerance policy for 3rd party apps or do you prefer 3rd party apps?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Instagram vs 3rd Party Apps

I don't think that they would do away with 3rd party apps. Instagram is a big one, yes but that's only for Instagram. There are a good amount of apps that don't have official apps anyway. To me, it's impressive what people create, so I think 3rd party apps are cool as options. For me, it really depends on the app. For something like Twitter, 3rd party apps are great because they bring so much more. Additionally, even though iOS and Android have the official app that is updated reguarly, 3rd party apps are still popular for it.

Norris Rochelle

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I love the idea of having 3rd party apps for the same reason. I use 6Tag more than Instagram but I also like Instagram's user interface. It's a great setup for developers.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

I have both installed and each has its pros and cons.
6tag has the dark theme and regram. It also loads faster for now.
I also like the interface of the comments section.

One thing I like about the real instagram app is the force touch features.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
One feature that I missed though from the old WP8.1 Instagram Beta app was lockscreen support.
Basically it would automatically show the pictures from your feed on your lockscreen like a collage.

Hope they implement this feature in the new app sometime down the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6