Twitter won't load older tweets

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Since the official Twitter app was updated for W10M, I've noticed something odd. If I use the app and then either return to the Start screen or "back out" of the app, eventually older tweets will not load. Only tweets from the last half-hour or so will load when I open the app. I don't see any "refresh'" button, so there's no way to reload them. The only way I have found to load older tweets is to force-close the app completely and then re-open it. At that point, I can scroll backward in my timeline as far as I like and older tweets will continuously load as required. After a few uses (without force-closing), the same behaviour (not loading older tweets) will reappear.

Is this a bug or normal behaviour? I hope not the latter, as it's highly annoying.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Drag the screen down to refresh, same as you do for the Windows Central app...

Doesn't work for me. That will load new tweets, but not older ones. If that works for you, maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall. Not hopeful, though, as this behaviour has survived hard resets.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about that. I just saw that you couldn't find the refresh button. On my phone, the Twitter app will load old tweets as I scroll down

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I don't know about that. I just saw that you couldn't find the refresh button. On my phone, the Twitter app will load old tweets as I scroll down

I may try an uninstall-reinstall. If it works properly for you, the app's not at fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven