Official Facebook (beta) app available on Windows 10 Mobile

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Today I set up my old Icon on the latest fast build just for fun... When I was going through my app library on the store and hiding some 700 odd apps I never use... I stumbled upon two different Facebook beta apps... One of course was the Microsoft one, the other was actually the official Facebook version... Available to install and working perfectly. I also installed it on my 950 XL (latest production build).

Now I'm not sure if it's because I was part of the beta on PC before it officially rolled out, or if it's simply because I already have the final version on PC... But here's the store link where you can try to install it yourself on Windows 10 Mobile: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...5282795219%2529%2528%2529%2528&token=42R93m-9)

Here's some screenshots:
wp_ss_20160617_0001.jpgwp_ss_20160617_0002.jpg

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The new Facebook beta blows the other Microsoft crap app out the water. More features less crashes on my 640 XL. The Microsoft app takes roughly 45 sec to a minute to open up profile pages, groups and load comments on LTE and WiFi connections. It also crash on comments sometimes

This app is still beta and loads everything faster , even Gps check ins load faster, you can share to groups/pages now and it has reactions and moods. I have the Microsoft app installed only to sync contacts over but I'm using the new beta over the Microsoft one

Sent from mTalk

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
saddly, the system doesn't sync with the system anymore, Microsoft killed syncing for a lot of things with windows 10.
and contact syncing in Microsoft's Facebook app was always failing and displaying that anoying message on top of the content.

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20160618_0004.pngwp_ss_20160618_0005.png

Is someone having problems like this with Facebook (Beta) and Messenger (Beta)? They do not respect the Windows display settings, and they think my phone is tablet =/ My phone is set on Recommended display settings.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I read something about the scaling not working properly, but since I prefer to leave it at 100% for more content on the screen, even with my 5" screen, I have not noticed any issue. try changing to 100% just to see if it displays correctly.

agora que eu vi que a imagem t? em portugu?s, hahaha, mas enfim, ? isso a?, tenta por em 100%, acho que devem resolver em um update futuro, ainda ? tudo beta,

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I change to 125%, which is the lowest I can get, it shows all the contente properly, but the system elements become too tiny. And the apps keep the tablet UI. The tablet UI for Messenger is not fully functional on phone, and the Facebook also keeps the tablet UI, even setting from the lowest to the highest scaling options. They are not native apps, so they don't obbey the Windows settings for scaling.

I have sent these screenshots with the feedback for the apps. I hope they fix it soon.

But one thing we know about these apps: they can work greatly on tablets with W10M. Aa friend said they maybe working on Continuum Support and that's why this UI conflict on some phones. I think using them like this on a phone like Lumia 1520 or HP Elite x3 would be awesome, but on a 5 inches device nope =P

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
yeah, I double-checked and it is at 150%, the minimum my 640 can go, and I'm comfortable with a 5" screen. the Messenger and Facebook beta apps look like phone versions to me, all in it's place, like the screenshots in the Store.
what are your phone model and screen size?
And these apps are in early beta, they have a long way to go. better late than never.

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Blu Win HD LTE, 5 inches, 720p. It uses phablet UI by default. My Lumia 640 XL uses the default scaling on 175%, the Blu keeps it on 150% by default. It is enabled by OEMs. I think thats why Facebook apps think it is a tablet.

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you have already downloaded Facebook (Beta) on your PC at least once, you can go to "My Library" in your phone Store and look for Facebook (Beta) there. When you find it, touch the download button it shows there. If you don't have it in your library, you will have to change the country for any country that have access to the app download.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Blu Win HD LTE, 5 inches, 720p. It uses phablet UI by default. My Lumia 640 XL uses the default scaling on 175%, the Blu keeps it on 150% by default. It is enabled by OEMs. I think thats why Facebook apps think it is a tablet.

I think I heard of some scaling issues with that phone and these apps.

hi, in the store I get "Facebook (beta) is currently not available", why?

I had to change my region to Germany to get access. (I changed it back right after)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3