Snapchat might be coming to WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Snapchat may be coming to Windows

Doesn't hold any appeal for me... but I've come to terms with the fact that there's just nothing in it for a 28 year old three-time college grad homeowner who's married with two kids. Not to diss Snapchat as a service, I'm just not the demographic.

The tween/young adult audience though... that's a huge market Microsoft could break into if this is true. I see a lot of Lumia 640s in the wild (likely due to it going dirt cheap, making it catch the eye of broke college kids and parents who's irresponsible little kids that bug their parents for smartphones)... I can't count just how much I hear "but it doesn't have Snapchat" when I'm on campus or in my wireless dealer with someone who either has, or is thinking about a Windows Phone.

I'm on the Windows Phone store everyday watching as it's app scene gets better and better while marketshare falls and people still act like it's the time when WP only had 140,000 apps. No matter how many hundreds of thousands of apps WP gets, it'll still be thought of as the black sheep when it doesn't have such a critically important service... lacking Snapchat seems to be one huge block that's keeping people from appreciating the otherwise massively improved status of the ecosystem, and resolving that could possibly help get WP's grapevine rep out of the funk it's been in.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm a fan of Snapchat's service.

Also, on the relevant reddit thread, Rubino had this to say, which likely explains Windows Central lack of coverage.

I don't believe it.
Twitter support is very far down the food chain. If they know about this over in Spain, we would have had something more substantial by this point.
I'd love to be wrong about this but I need more proof before I endorse this.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm a fan of Snapchat's service.

Also, on the relevant reddit thread, Rubino had this to say, which likely explains Windows Central lack of coverage.
Figured as much. Rubino's probably wise to lace his optimism with skepticism.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
It doesn't matter. Within a week of Snapchat finally getting to WP there will be another app that is "needed" and isn't available on WP. You can copy and paste entries from the old Snapchat threads into the new unavailable app threads to save time.

Sent from my Surface 3

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter. Within a week of Snapchat finally getting to WP there will be another app that is "needed" and isn't available on WP. You can copy and paste entries from the old Snapchat threads into the new unavailable app threads to save time.

Marked as true...
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills