As the title says, Facebook default notification sound. It's missing the classic ding noise. Is there any reason for this or something That I'm missing?
    06-29-2016 11:37 AM
    Yeah, Melodia is acting differently suddenly. Perhaps it is something to do with the latest Insider builds, but it will now use the default Windows 10 file picker to save the tone. Even if you save it in the Ringtones folder it will not show up. At least for some of them, including the Messenger tone.

You now have to save them, edit the tags of the file to make the Genre "Ringtone" and then copy it back to the phone.
    Settings > system > notifications > scroll down and set custom tone for your apps.

Downloading an app like melodia gives you access to more tones as well
    Player Piano likes this.
    06-29-2016 12:55 PM
    As the title says, Facebook default notification sound. It's missing the classic ding noise. Is there any reason for this or something That I'm missing?
    you've checked in settings > system > notifications?
    06-29-2016 12:57 PM
    Yeah there's no Facebook messenger ding, and when I use melodica to download it the phone can't find the file even though its in the ringtones folder
    06-29-2016 01:20 PM
    Yeah there's no Facebook messenger ding, and when I use melodica to download it the phone can't find the file even though its in the ringtones folder
    Weird.. that mostly works for me (downloading tones and setting them as default for certain apps)..

If I don't forget I'll try to add a new tone for the fb app later
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-29-2016 02:57 PM
    Can I just ask once downloaded with melodica where should I save it to? I chose ringtones but it won't show So i currently have a cat meowing for the tone haha
    06-29-2016 03:18 PM
    Can I just ask once downloaded with melodica where should I save it to? I chose ringtones but it won't show So i currently have a cat meowing for the tone haha
    You is funny!!! Ok so I'm assuming that you're using windows 10 mobile,right?

Melodia has a windows 10 app in the store and I'm basing this explanation on that one..

Open melodia > select category (vintage/apps/unique etc) > tap on a tone to hear it > long tap to save it

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS IMPORTANT

UNCHECK the box that says "make this my current ringtone" (leaving this checked will make the tone you are currently saving,your ringtone)

After unchecking the box, proceed to save the tone. Go back to settings > system > notifications and try to set the tone you saved as your default for your fb app.

Did it work?
    06-29-2016 10:46 PM
    Yeah windows 10, I long press, set as ringtone isn't there at all on mine, when I choose file location i can only see ringtones that is relevant, save it. Then when I go to sounds and notification to look for it, its not there. Only the default or zedge and unfortunately zedge doesn't have the Facebook ding lol. 😁
    06-30-2016 08:14 AM
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=Ktt50lhj

This is the app we're talking about right? it does not give me any options to pick where I want to save my tone. After clicking on save, it just saves to the appropriate folder and I can select it when I want to add new tones via notifications settings
    06-30-2016 09:21 AM
    I've done some digging, and on some ringtones I get he experience your talking about but then other times, such as apps-messenger, gives me a different experience on long press, asks about saving to one drive or device, its quite strange.
    ven07 likes this.
    06-30-2016 01:00 PM
    Yeah, Melodia is acting differently suddenly. Perhaps it is something to do with the latest Insider builds, but it will now use the default Windows 10 file picker to save the tone. Even if you save it in the Ringtones folder it will not show up. At least for some of them, including the Messenger tone.

You now have to save them, edit the tags of the file to make the Genre "Ringtone" and then copy it back to the phone.
    ven07 likes this.
    06-30-2016 02:33 PM
    Ok ill try that, just an update too, I downloaded an MP3 to use as a ringtone, saved that in the ringtone folder and that doesn't show up either lol
    06-30-2016 04:00 PM
    Ok ill try that, just an update too, I downloaded an MP3 to use as a ringtone, saved that in the ringtone folder and that doesn't show up either lol
    Yeah, it needs to have the genre of the MP3 set to Ringtone before it shows up. And the file that Melodia downloads for the Messenger tone is not an MP3 but some other format. It's a bit of a pain in the butt at the moment, haha. I don't get why apps can't set their own default tones instead of the default Windows tone.
    ven07 likes this.
    06-30-2016 04:10 PM
    How do I go about changing the genre to ringtone mate? If I throw the phone out my bedroom window will that help in anyway?
    ven07 likes this.
    06-30-2016 04:34 PM

Well this makes sense :/ I went straight for the facebook tone and saved that one.
    07-01-2016 09:58 AM
    You need to use some software that can edit the tags called ID3 tags. For example, something like this (freeware) : ID3 Tag Editor
    Chintan Gohel and ven07 like this.
    07-03-2016 04:43 PM
    Hmm, shouldn't have to do this, should just work out ifw the box at the end if the day...
    ven07 likes this.
    07-05-2016 06:14 AM
    Hmm, shouldn't have to do this, should just work out ifw the box at the end if the day...
    Good ol' MS making us work hard for the simpler things in life
    07-05-2016 11:06 PM
    Try the ones I'm using:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvxmEa8wLzr8mrAQur6EluA0IIzHIg

One is the Facebook Messenger tone from Messenger on all platforms like iOS and Android. The other one is the slightly different version the Windows 10 PC version of Messenger uses.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-10-2016 02:03 PM