I was using it early today and then I remembered that it is supposed to shut down soon...
    07-14-2016 06:53 PM
    I was using it early today and then I remembered that it is supposed to shut down soon...
    July 25th: here's the post: Amazon's Windows Phone app will be officially retired on July 25 | Windows Central
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    07-15-2016 01:03 AM
    Just delete the app and pin the website to your start screen instead. The web site is better than the app ever was.
    07-15-2016 01:21 AM
    Thank you!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-15-2016 08:17 AM
    Just delete the app and pin the website to your start screen instead. The web site is better than the app ever was.

I tried that but I prefer the app.
    Chintan Gohel and Saijin_Naib like this.
    07-15-2016 08:18 AM
    Anyone notice the app no longer has the warning about the app shutting down? Wonder if Amazon had a change of heart.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    07-19-2016 12:06 AM
    Doubtful, but that would be nice.
    07-19-2016 11:53 AM
    Got this email today

Hello,

Our records indicate that you have previously installed the Amazon App for Windows Phone from the Microsoft App Store.

We will be retiring the app you currently have on your device, meaning its contents will no longer be updated. You will still have access to the app until 15 August, 2016.

We encourage you to visit Amazon.co.uk on your mobile browser where you will have access to our newest shopping features and customer experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk
    07-19-2016 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the reminder. I disabled auto renew for my Amazon Prime membership. I'll probably turn it back on once I need to shop for a bunch of stuff, but in the meantime it sends a tiiiiiny message.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-19-2016 12:34 PM
    I received the email from Amazon today and it doesn't say the app will stop working, just that it wont be updated again. Anyone else notice that?

Hello,

We're contacting you because our records indicate that you have previously installed the Amazon App for Windows Phone from the Microsoft App Store. We will be retiring the app you currently have on your device, meaning its contents will no longer be updated. You will still have access to the app until August 15th, 2016. We encourage you to visit Amazon.com on your mobile browser where you will have access to our newest shopping features and customer experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    Amazon.com
    Robot Check

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
    07-21-2016 07:33 AM