Since the most recent update of the MS Map app that comes with my phone (950 XL, running W10M) I'm experiencing a lot of issues. Long story short, it doesn't work offline anymore when searching for a business or address. It just comes up with terrible suggestions or nothing. It says I should connect to the internet in order to find results. This is not very helpful when I am in an area without data service. Is this a glitch or do I need to find a new map app? If so, can someone recommend a good map app?
    Sedp23 likes this.
    07-19-2016 01:16 PM
    Since the most recent update of the MS Map app that comes with my phone (950 XL, running W10M) I'm experiencing a lot of issues. Long story short, it doesn't work offline anymore when searching for a business or address. It just comes up with terrible suggestions or nothing. It says I should connect to the internet in order to find results. This is not very helpful when I am in an area without data service. Is this a glitch or do I need to find a new map app? If so, can someone recommend a good map app?
    have you checked for updates for the map data itself? Settings > system > offline maps > update maps
    07-20-2016 03:11 AM
    have you checked for updates for the map data itself? Settings > system > offline maps > update maps
    Yeah, no dice on that either. Strange.
    07-21-2016 04:35 PM
    I just checked and my settings and had a bunch of updates, thank you for the suggestion.

Question: I have Map Updates set to automatic but it said that I had not checked for updates since January, is that normal?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-21-2016 05:02 PM
    I just checked and my settings and had a bunch of updates, thank you for the suggestion.

Question: I have Map Updates set to automatic but it said that I had not checked for updates since January, is that normal?
    probably it was waiting for good wifi to download them or that it can't run in the background - manually check once a month - that's my recommendation
    mtf1380 likes this.
    07-22-2016 12:20 AM