Instagram stories coming to windows phone??

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hay guys any word from instagram or windows if instgram stories will be coming to us?? It just came out this week, but I hear there is no update for windows phone instagram yet. No word ether if its even in the works. Thinking about making the switch back to windows phone, sick of the galaxy s4 I've had for years. Use basically no apps, and the few I do windows mostly has. HP elite x3 looks like everything I want in a windows phone. But the main app I use is instagram on my phone so I will not down grade and miss out on the major app I use my phone for.

Man I hope HP hit it out of the park with the elite x3, and help bring windows phone back. Like windows 10 a lot, so I want to move back to windows phone now they FINALLY got some main stream apps and high end phones. Thanks guys.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
One of the main reasons. It almost seems like microsoft just does not care about the mobile platform. Witch suck, I'm a windows user, I really like 10. Seems like a smart move to go back to windows phone finally. But I don't want to loose out on instagram. It means a lot to me. Plus microsoft does not seem to really care what people keep telling them to get to make windows phone better. They are blowing a big chance now, they can really redeem them selves it they would bother to try. O the steam app was a big one to, thanks goodness they got that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hay guys any word from instagram or windows if instgram stories will be coming to us?? It just came out this week, but I hear there is no update for windows phone instagram yet. No word ether if its even in the works. Thinking about making the switch back to windows phone, sick of the galaxy s4 I've had for years. Use basically no apps, and the few I do windows mostly has. HP elite x3 looks like everything I want in a windows phone. But the main app I use is instagram on my phone so I will not down grade and miss out on the major app I use my phone for.

Man I hope HP hit it out of the park with the elite x3, and help bring windows phone back. Like windows 10 a lot, so I want to move back to windows phone now they FINALLY got some main stream apps and high end phones. Thanks guys.

As the Instagram app is a port of the iOS app it's likely it will come eventually to WM. Just a matter of when rather than if.

As for the Elite X3, it's a device setup for enterprise, which is MS's focus rather than consumer. So I don't see WM attracting much in the way of 'main stream' apps, whatever those are, in the next little while.

I'm personally not convinced the X3 will sell that well, but that's my opinion and I can be wrong.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm personally not convinced the X3 will sell that well, but that's my opinion and I can be wrong.

No, you're not wrong on this one. The phone is targeted at the enterprise market, which means low number of potential customers relative to the average consumer market. But with the price of the phone as is (which is very expensive), and guaranteed bulk purchase from companies/enterprises for deployment, I would say that the X3 will still sell well, objectively of course.

Also, it is a smart move by HP to make the phone available to the consumer market via direct purchase from Microsoft. At least they allow the average consumers to have a chance to own the X3, not just enterprise customers. But of course, they don't expect it to sell that much.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No, you're not wrong on this one. The phone is targeted at the enterprise market, which means low number of potential customers relative to the average consumer market. But with the price of the phone as is (which is very expensive), and guaranteed bulk purchase from companies/enterprises for deployment, I would say that the X3 will still sell well, objectively of course.

Also, it is a smart move by HP to make the phone available to the consumer market via direct purchase from Microsoft. At least they allow the average consumers to have a chance to own the X3, not just enterprise customers. But of course, they don't expect it to sell that much.

I'm not convinced the enterprise market will buy many at that price either. There will be some companies that will grab it because it will work for them but many large companies (I mean internationally large) will probably not bother with it much.

So you're looking at large, medium and small businesses which may or may not find this useful and depending on costs as well. Lots of IT budgets are very tight. A case would have to be made for it and at this point in time I don't see a strong one.

But that's my point of view. For some companies they may like the idea of it and are happy to jump on new tech.

I may be completely and utterly wrong though.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
One of the main reasons. It almost seems like microsoft just does not care about the mobile platform. Witch suck, I'm a windows user, I really like 10. Seems like a smart move to go back to windows phone finally. But I don't want to loose out on instagram. It means a lot to me. Plus microsoft does not seem to really care what people keep telling them to get to make windows phone better. They are blowing a big chance now, they can really redeem them selves it they would bother to try.

There have been so many updates, of course they care. But because they aren't working on things in the order people want it to be in doesn't mean they aren't listening. They are working on windows as a whole and that it all works on everything, not just one device. Maps finally got the compass working for example.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
We've been waiting for snapchat for years...

How funny would it be if IG launches their competitive product for Windows 10 Mobile within weeks of their launch for iPhone/Android... :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We've been waiting for snapchat for years...

How funny would it be if IG launches their competitive product for Windows 10 Mobile within weeks of their launch for iPhone/Android... :)
will it make a dent though?

on day one all I saw were posts saying the person's snapchat name.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I know the elite is meant for enterprise's and work. But that's just a added plus right? It can still do everything a regular windows phone can do, just with some business features as well right? Phone just looks very good to me. Hope the camera is amazing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I know the elite is meant for enterprise's and work. But that's just a added plus right? It can still do everything a regular windows phone can do, just with some business features as well right? Phone just looks very good to me. Hope the camera is amazing.

It's a high end W10M with some added features. If you're not using this device for business than the 'plus' might not be worthwhile. The accessories seem a bit overpriced.

It's basically what people seem to expect of a flagship phone but aimed at enterprise and priced as such.

For some this is an 'idea' of what the 'Surface Phone' should be but they still expect more out of it.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm not convinced the enterprise market will buy many at that price either. There will be some companies that will grab it because it will work for them but many large companies (I mean internationally large) will probably not bother with it much.

So you're looking at large, medium and small businesses which may or may not find this useful and depending on costs as well. Lots of IT budgets are very tight. A case would have to be made for it and at this point in time I don't see a strong one.

But that's my point of view. For some companies they may like the idea of it and are happy to jump on new tech.

I may be completely and utterly wrong though.

That's the thing. HP is a tech company that has provided/supplied computing hardware to a lot of big companies, so they had the connection first and foremost.

And according to one of the articles from interviewing HP regarding why make X3 a Windows 10 Mobile phone, they say it's basically because they've consulted with their said partners (the companies above) regarding which platform they prefer, as well as other features that they want in a enterprise workplace phone.

So basically, HP made the X3 specifically to cater to these companies' requests or wants, and I bet HP made a deal beforehand with these companies to ensure that they'll buy the phone when it's out.

Just my 2 cent tho. And sorry, no link to the article for now since I'm on my phone. Will post the link later when I get back home :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing. HP is a tech company that has provided/supplied computing hardware to a lot of big companies, so they had the connection first and foremost.

And according to one of the articles from interviewing HP regarding why make X3 a Windows 10 Mobile phone, they say it's basically because they've consulted with their said partners (the companies above) regarding which platform they prefer, as well as other features that they want in a enterprise workplace phone.

So basically, HP made the X3 specifically to cater to these companies' requests or wants, and I bet HP made a deal beforehand with these companies to ensure that they'll buy the phone when it's out.

Just my 2 cent tho. And sorry, no link to the article for now since I'm on my phone. Will post the link later when I get back home :)

Being honest and this is just my personal knowledge, I'm sure some companies use HP I just have never been in one. I've worked in several large international companies and in four different countries.

I'm sure HP made it with intent on selling it to their clients, doesn't mean their clients will buy it. Also, speaking from business perspective, I would never buy something unseen. So I think it's unlikely these companies would buy it before they saw an end product. You can consult all you want doesn't mean anything until the product starts selling.

Not saying that article was wrong I'm just going by personal perspective and personal experience. I've also mentioned on other threads about this device that due to my type of work I may not see the advantages this device has but at the price point I'm seeing for it and the 'extras' no company I've worked for would ever buy it for regular staff. It would be for specific people only and those quantities are small in my industry. On top of that you'd need have W10 as an approved OS, which it currently isn't so there's a few road blocks that HP and MS will have to overcome I think.

Large companies that I have worked for are similar to how MS is referred to. Slow moving.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Being honest and this is just my personal knowledge, I'm sure some companies use HP I just have never been in one. I've worked in several large international companies and in four different countries.

I'm sure HP made it with intent on selling it to their clients, doesn't mean their clients will buy it. Also, speaking from business perspective, I would never buy something unseen. So I think it's unlikely these companies would buy it before they saw an end product. You can consult all you want doesn't mean anything until the product starts selling.

Not saying that article was wrong I'm just going by personal perspective and personal experience. I've also mentioned on other threads about this device that due to my type of work I may not see the advantages this device has but at the price point I'm seeing for it and the 'extras' no company I've worked for would ever buy it for regular staff. It would be for specific people only and those quantities are small in my industry. On top of that you'd need have W10 as an approved OS, which it currently isn't so there's a few road blocks that HP and MS will have to overcome I think.

Large companies that I have worked for are similar to how MS is referred to. Slow moving.

Agreed. Well, as you and I said, these are all just based on our opinion and are mere speculations. But I do hope that the X3 might generate/kick start the enterprise market's interest in W10M, and ultimately allow W10M to take off.

But then again, knowing how WP have let me and most other users down in the past, I shouldn't put my hopes too high :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire