The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-27-2016 06:42 AM
34 12
tools
    I've been using MetroTube for a long time now and its starting to feel a bit outdated, plus it crashes a lot. What do you use?
    08-21-2016 06:30 AM
    Generally people have liked mytube
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    08-21-2016 06:33 AM
    You can use
    -Explorer for YouTube (it's an app)
    -Perfect Tube

P.s. I use them
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-21-2016 08:59 AM
    I went with mytube, its very good. You can even change the play speed which you can't do with Edge or MetroTube
    08-21-2016 10:31 AM
    Real pleasure with mytube. I enjoyed it.
    08-21-2016 11:50 AM
    Tubecast works really well, and has the advantage of working with a Chromecast dongle.

I like MyTube's interface best. Hyper for YouTube is another good one.

Ironically, every one of these is better than Android YouTube app. Take that, Google!

Sent from my T300 Chi using mTalk
    08-21-2016 07:13 PM
    myTube is great! Been using it since I started with Windows phones.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-22-2016 05:08 AM
    Don't know about others but I personally like Awesome Tube - neat design in my opinion.
    08-22-2016 08:39 AM
    I prefer myTube. Has a clean UI, can download vids inside the app too
    08-22-2016 10:59 AM
    I went from TouchTube, to MyTube, back to TouchTube. TouchTube is more stable and allows you to play video in different quality on the fly. MyTube requires you to go into Settings to change it. And half the time for me MyTube would buffer for days just to start a video.
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:27 AM
    I love metro tube 📺
    08-22-2016 11:30 AM
    yea. i'm really curious, because i have a 640, which came with a youtube app. i liked it fine. however, i had to do a reset yesterday due to a camera malfunction--and there was no youtube app when all was done. it is gone from the store. what happened???
    so far, i don't like any of the suggested. is there a way i can get the app off my husband's 640 onto my pc and then transfer it to my phone? thanks.
    Last edited by circe801; 08-22-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    08-22-2016 12:36 PM
    Not possible. If you had the install file, I think you could.
    08-22-2016 01:22 PM
    i don't know about the others but i like mytube beta because you can play videos/music in the background. :D
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    08-22-2016 01:23 PM
    Mytube (not beta) app has some problems.some video only play in app itself instead from local storage.
    So Alltube Uni is good option.
    08-22-2016 01:53 PM
    Tubecast is my personal fav. Runs in the background, "me" page shows all subscriptions feeds, dark theme, supports offline videos and of course it is a casting app too.
    08-22-2016 02:21 PM
    Tubecast is my personal fav. Runs in the background, "me" page shows all subscriptions feeds, dark theme, supports offline videos and of course it is a casting app too.
    Can tubecast download video in sd card or only in app download?
    08-22-2016 02:31 PM
    1. MetroTube
    2. myTube! (By Ryken Studio)
    3. Tubecast

My order of usage in case there are issues as I have yet have any issues with Tubecast however not a fan of the UX.

Prefer Metrotube for the UX.
    08-22-2016 06:58 PM
    tube pro or mytube for me
    08-22-2016 09:38 PM
    I like YouTube
    08-22-2016 11:05 PM
    i don't know about the others but i like mytube beta because you can play videos/music in the background. :D
    What do you mean play video/music on the background? If you're talking about the audio keeps on playing after switching apps or going to the start screen, then the non-beta myTube have this feature as well. Though, I must say that the audio would pause for about 1-2 seconds before it resumes again.
    08-23-2016 03:54 AM
    I've personally used multiple YouTube apps on my Lumia 830, so I will share my experiences with each app here.

1) myTube!
    Currently the one I'm using.
    PROS:
    - Smooth performance, easy navigation
    - Supports background playback
    - Dark/light theme with color customization (can even set to follow phone's color scheme)
    - Download videos or audio of videos for offline playback (the file can only be accessed via myTube. It doesn't download it in mp3/mp4 or whatever file type imaginable. This is to prevent YouTube from banning their access to the YT API I guess.
    - When logged in, you'll get an entire page for your subscribed videos.
    - Annotation support, Playback speed support

CONS:
    - Sometimes the app would take extremely long to buffer a video (Thought it was WiFi problem. Tested opening the vid from Edge, loads perfectly fine).

2) MetroTube
    PROS:
    - Smooth performance
    - Supports background playback
    - Download videos or audio of videos for offline playback (the file can only be accessed via myTube. It doesn't download it in mp3/mp4 or whatever file type imaginable. This is to prevent YouTube from banning their access to the YT API I guess.
    - When logged in, you'll get an entire page for your subscribed videos

CONS:
    - UI is outdated
    - Navigation is very tedious compared to myTube (the subscription page mentioned above is not immediately available. You have to tap 'Subscriptions' to get to it.

3) Perfect Tube
    PROS:
    - Best UI
    - Has mini video feature (similar to official YouTube app in Android) where when you play a video, and decide to browse other videos, the video playing will be minimized and continue to play at the bottom of the screen.
    - When logged in, you'll get an entire page for your subscribed videos

CONS:
    - Performance not as smooth as myTube!
    - The performance worsens greatly when using the mini video feature (crashes a lot for me)
    - No background play
    - No download
    - Can adjust color, but can't set it to follow the phone's theme color
    - Most of the time, videos won't load after changing the video's progress bar

4) TubeCast
    PROS:
    - Same as myTube!
    - Additionally, it can cast to other devices. I think myTube has this too, but I'm not sure since I've never used it.
    - Can be used along with Video360 to open 360 videos. I think there's an app for VR too, and these apps are connected to one another i.e. opening a 360 video on TubeCast launches the Video360 app

CONS:
    - Expensive, and each features (Cast, Video360, etc) is available after purchase
    - It always loads video successfully, but the loading time is slower than myTube (personal experience)

5) Awesome Tube
    PROS:
    - Nice UI
    - Background playback support
    - Download support

CONS:
    - Terrible performance
    - Often crashes

Note: I used this app when it was fairly new, so I'm not sure about its condition now. Maybe it got better, maybe it hasn't. I'm not that sure.
    08-23-2016 04:15 AM
    Can tubecast download video in sd card or only in app download?
    Perfect Tube is great it does download videos to your sd card.
    prasanna moholkar likes this.
    08-23-2016 07:50 AM
    What do you mean play video/music on the background? If you're talking about the audio keeps on playing after switching apps or going to the start screen, then the non-beta myTube have this feature as well. Though, I must say that the audio would pause for about 1-2 seconds before it resumes again.
    You're right I didn't have a setting for it to play when leaving the app. I just found it now. I still prefer the UI of the MYtube Beta version. Only thing is I don't know how to copy the URL of the track. MyTube standard you just hold down on the URL that is shown below the video.
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:49 AM
    Will Google ever show some love?
    08-23-2016 12:49 PM
34 12