How can I use Quote-reply feature in WhatsApp ?

Jaison John1

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I saw a news states that WhatsApp updated with a new feature Quote-reply (2.16.106). I'm using the latest WhatsApp (2.16.164) and I can't reply someone with quotes. How can I use this feature ? I'm using MS Lumia 950XL.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hi,
I saw a news states that WhatsApp updated with a new feature Quote-reply (2.16.106). I'm using the latest WhatsApp (2.16.164) and I can't reply someone with quotes. How can I use this feature ? I'm using MS Lumia 950XL.

To quote-reply, simply long tap on the message you'd like to quote, then tap "reply" on the pop up menu. Then you can type your message as normal with the quote above it. It's a pretty helpful feature.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I want to know one more thing. How can I bold letters in WhatsApp? Is that possible?

Yes, it's possible. If you want to bold something, you put asterisks around it. So if I wanted to bold the word "Windows" I would simply type *Windows*.

If you want to italicize something, you put underscores around it. So if you wanted to italicize the word "Mobile" you would simply type _Mobile_.

Jaison John1

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Yes, it's possible. If you want to bold something, you put asterisks around it. So if I wanted to bold the word "Windows" I would simply type *Windows*.

If you want to italicize something, you put underscores around it. So if you wanted to italicize the word "Mobile" you would simply type _Mobile_.

Thank you sir.. It's worked..! Thank you so much..!!!

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Re:

excellent.
is there a list of these formatting tricks somewhere?
any for strikethrough?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss