Proshot pulled from W.Store!

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh I have that. Bing Rewards, baby. They buy all my Apps for me. Just wondered if I needed a refill. LOL

I got it at half price for $1.99 so regular price would be $3.99. I had the W8 ProShot app and just happened to check for it and it was available so I bought it. Works good. 950DS

Edit: In reading through the other thread here I thought I read that those who purchased the first app were getting the upgrade at no charge. I honestly cannot remember how I did it on my 950 the other day but on my 950XL the original app changed to ProShot Classic, I opened the app and there was a note from the developer with an option to check out the new app, it downloaded the upgrade. I wonder if that would have happened on my 950?

Last edited:

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am a developer and have an app in the store that was published in 8.1 and I was updating to 10 ...it is a free app. I am getting an all clear when I publish it the store in the dev center but no app appearing in the store. Unable to get an answer from MS. Even ran the Windows App Certification program to doule check the app's readiness. Passed no problem. MS still gave me no answer when I emailed the results of the said test. The "Store" is a mess and it is no surprise that the guys and gals tha do this for a living want no part of wasting their valuable time in making something for it

jimmy s1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
i had the original app, and i did pay them to unlock all the features, dont know it it will be upgraded to the new one or no, as i'm on lumia 925

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Something that is apparent from the articles about ProShot on Windows Central, is that W10M has some incredibly dumb users. Always complaining about when an app will come to W10M, then you get an awesome developer dropping a much-wanted app, and the same users go "lol, downloaded for free with Store bug, awesome, trololol". That just pisses me off. And some of them are proud of it as well, listing all the paid apps they downloaded using the bug. I hope the joke's on them, as far as I know those apps won't launch if downloaded that way.

Anyway, I managed to purchase during the period it was available, guess I'm lucky. I don't need the app as Windows Camera has all I need, but I decided to purchase just to support and who knows what features may come later. I hope they got the issues sorted out with the Store.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
i had the original app, and i did pay them to unlock all the features, dont know it it will be upgraded to the new one or no, as i'm on lumia 925

The original app has been renamed to "proshot classic" or sth along those lines. So that you can see the difference immediately when searching. The older app (now named classic) will not be updated with the "goodies" that the UWP app provides

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Something that is apparent from the articles about ProShot on Windows Central, is that W10M has some incredibly dumb users. Always complaining about when an app will come to W10M, then you get an awesome developer dropping a much-wanted app, and the same users go "lol, downloaded for free with Store bug, awesome, trololol". That just pisses me off. And some of them are proud of it as well, listing all the paid apps they downloaded using the bug. I hope the joke's on them, as far as I know those apps won't launch if downloaded that way.

Anyway, I managed to purchase during the period it was available, guess I'm lucky. I don't need the app as Windows Camera has all I need, but I decided to purchase just to support and who knows what features may come later. I hope they got the issues sorted out with the Store.

Lol let's not call them "dumb". There are a number of reasons why people tend to try and get apps for free; no credit cards/ no access to giftcards/ not able to use credits as payment etc..

I'm not defending them, but just saying. Of course being proud of it, isn't the way to go either.

I'll be honest, I was tempted, but I removed the idea from my head. Only wanted to join a certain beta group and I was able to lol

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Don't mean to resurrect a semi necro thread but it's back in the store at the 50% discounted. As if writing this, there's 6hrs left for the discount. Hopefully they will add more features in the future. Picked it up just now.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No, the discount is broken. I tried purchasing earlier at the discount price, and it failed to complete, seconds later, it was listed at the full price and has been at the full price ever since. The dev has said that the discount price will be re-applied through til Sunday, but I'm still waiting since about 8 hrs ago, it's still at full price in the store (in the UK at least).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers