Proshot pulled from W.Store!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The new proshot app finally landed and it seemed to be scoring pretty high (4.7 rating in the store). However the very same store, is the main reason for the devs to pull their app (for now).

The camera app is a paid app, but gives you quite a bit in return. As part of their launching campaign, the app was discounted for 50%, but as it turns out a lot of people were getting the app for free. Some did this using the W'ap trick and others claimed that the store just allowed them to download it for free :/ So far no word from MS..

Original article: ProShot's new app for Windows 10 pulled from the store due to "distribution issues"

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Such a shame. I am willing to buy this app just to support the developer. I do not have the use for such advanced piece of software but the app looks so awesome and from the last reviews seem to be very professional...

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I went to purchase this app as well and was sorry to see it was pulled. Hopefully they get things fixed up and it returns. Looks like a great app!

Sent from mTalk

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I went to purchase this app as well and was sorry to see it was pulled. Hopefully they get things fixed up and it returns. Looks like a great app!

Sent from mTalk

I also purchased this app with HDR in app purchase but now app is not showing in store so if developer will upload app on monday (Hopefully) can I re-download it free ( as I already paid money)???

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well if the app is back; MS probably got in touch with them or it could be that the store is still "buggy"

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
The uwp app is back, but at regular price. I will stick with the built in camera app since it has everything I need.

Not sure who's fault it was about unavailability of the app. I could never get it at discounted price.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Lol depends on how pissed they are I guess :p

Seems like quite a few people got their hands on the app for free

The uwp app is back, but at regular price. I will stick with the built in camera app since it has everything I need.

Not sure who's fault it was about unavailability of the app. I could never get it at discounted price.

I guess they're pretty pissed then. I'd probably pay for it just for the light painting effect. I wish someone can test to see if light painting works for starlight before I buy it.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I guess they're pretty pissed then. I'd probably pay for it just for the light painting effect. I wish someone can test to see if light painting works for starlight before I buy it.

Light painting features is not availiable in current anniversary update But when 1st cumulative update come hopefully this bug solve by MS then developer add this features in Proshot UWP.
But app is pretty good and useful feature. no trial version available like WP8 proshot classic app

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I feel bad for this developer, I hope Microsoft reimburses him for his losses on this. I was mildly interested in this app, but I think it's probably overkill for me as the stock app is fine for my needs... but I'm tempted to purchase it now, just to support the developer, who may have lost a significant chunk of his income with this mess.

Maybe there is a mechanism whereby the app can be disabled for those that got it for free, and it then be unlocked if they then pay for it...

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I feel bad for this developer, I hope Microsoft reimburses him for his losses on this. I was mildly interested in this app, but I think it's probably overkill for me as the stock app is fine for my needs... but I'm tempted to purchase it now, just to support the developer, who may have lost a significant chunk of his income with this mess.

Maybe there is a mechanism whereby the app can be disabled for those that got it for free, and it then be unlocked if they then pay for it...

Can proshot UWP app again come back to store?

saurabh vitalkar

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
One can capture photos in RAW mode, as per app features stated. Although app has been temporarily taken off the store, Do you guys think it will be possible to click in RAW mode by Lumia 650 camera? Because it's a paid app and this feature will decide whether I'll buy the app or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo