09-02-2016 08:13 AM
33 12
tools
    The new proshot app finally landed and it seemed to be scoring pretty high (4.7 rating in the store). However the very same store, is the main reason for the devs to pull their app (for now).

The camera app is a paid app, but gives you quite a bit in return. As part of their launching campaign, the app was discounted for 50%, but as it turns out a lot of people were getting the app for free. Some did this using the W'ap trick and others claimed that the store just allowed them to download it for free :/ So far no word from MS..

Original article: ProShot's new app for Windows 10 pulled from the store due to "distribution issues"
    Jazmac and Guytronic like this.
    08-27-2016 05:13 PM
    Such a shame. I am willing to buy this app just to support the developer. I do not have the use for such advanced piece of software but the app looks so awesome and from the last reviews seem to be very professional...
    ven07 likes this.
    08-27-2016 05:19 PM
    I went to purchase this app as well and was sorry to see it was pulled. Hopefully they get things fixed up and it returns. Looks like a great app!

Sent from mTalk
    ven07 likes this.
    08-27-2016 07:51 PM
    I went to purchase this app as well and was sorry to see it was pulled. Hopefully they get things fixed up and it returns. Looks like a great app!

Sent from mTalk
    I also purchased this app with HDR in app purchase but now app is not showing in store so if developer will upload app on monday (Hopefully) can I re-download it free ( as I already paid money)???
    ven07 likes this.
    08-27-2016 08:42 PM
    Was just able to purchase and download the app. May want to take a look in the store again.

Sent from mTalk
    ven07 likes this.
    08-27-2016 09:28 PM
    Well if the app is back; MS probably got in touch with them or it could be that the store is still "buggy"
    08-27-2016 09:55 PM
    I hope it's still discounted when it comes back.
    ven07 likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:10 PM
    I hope it's still discounted when it comes back.
    Lol depends on how pissed they are I guess :p

Seems like quite a few people got their hands on the app for free
    Kram Devil likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:13 PM
    I never even got the chance to download it. Always said 'unavailable' whenever I checked.
    ven07 likes this.
    08-27-2016 11:24 PM
    I never even got the chance to download it. Always said 'unavailable' whenever I checked.
    Weird, I had that when the app first launched, but after a few hours the install button did magically appear
    08-27-2016 11:50 PM
    The uwp app is back, but at regular price. I will stick with the built in camera app since it has everything I need.

Not sure who's fault it was about unavailability of the app. I could never get it at discounted price.
    ven07 and Kram Devil like this.
    08-27-2016 11:59 PM
    08-28-2016 12:08 AM
    Lol depends on how pissed they are I guess :p

Seems like quite a few people got their hands on the app for free
    The uwp app is back, but at regular price. I will stick with the built in camera app since it has everything I need.

Not sure who's fault it was about unavailability of the app. I could never get it at discounted price.
    I guess they're pretty pissed then. I'd probably pay for it just for the light painting effect. I wish someone can test to see if light painting works for starlight before I buy it.
    ven07 likes this.
    08-28-2016 01:42 AM
    I guess they're pretty pissed then. I'd probably pay for it just for the light painting effect. I wish someone can test to see if light painting works for starlight before I buy it.
    Light painting features is not availiable in current anniversary update But when 1st cumulative update come hopefully this bug solve by MS then developer add this features in Proshot UWP.
    But app is pretty good and useful feature. no trial version available like WP8 proshot classic app
    ven07 likes this.
    08-28-2016 02:44 AM
    I feel bad for this developer, I hope Microsoft reimburses him for his losses on this. I was mildly interested in this app, but I think it's probably overkill for me as the stock app is fine for my needs... but I'm tempted to purchase it now, just to support the developer, who may have lost a significant chunk of his income with this mess.

Maybe there is a mechanism whereby the app can be disabled for those that got it for free, and it then be unlocked if they then pay for it...
    08-28-2016 03:45 AM
    I feel bad for this developer, I hope Microsoft reimburses him for his losses on this. I was mildly interested in this app, but I think it's probably overkill for me as the stock app is fine for my needs... but I'm tempted to purchase it now, just to support the developer, who may have lost a significant chunk of his income with this mess.

Maybe there is a mechanism whereby the app can be disabled for those that got it for free, and it then be unlocked if they then pay for it...

Can proshot UWP app again come back to store?
    08-28-2016 05:42 AM
    Yes the app can come back. It was removed by the dev so they can simply submit it again
    08-28-2016 09:34 AM
    Guess I'll wait patiently. I missed the window (LOL).

How much is regular price? Anyone know?
    08-28-2016 12:01 PM
    One can capture photos in RAW mode, as per app features stated. Although app has been temporarily taken off the store, Do you guys think it will be possible to click in RAW mode by Lumia 650 camera? Because it's a paid app and this feature will decide whether I'll buy the app or not.
    08-28-2016 01:24 PM
    Guess I'll wait patiently. I missed the window (LOL).

How much is regular price? Anyone know?
    I think 4.99? or was it 3.99.. in any case, it's not 1.99 lol
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-28-2016 01:49 PM
    I think 4.99? or was it 3.99.. in any case, it's not 1.99 lol
    Oh I have that. Bing Rewards, baby. They buy all my Apps for me. Just wondered if I needed a refill. LOL
    ven07 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-28-2016 01:50 PM
    Oh I have that. Bing Rewards, baby. They buy all my Apps for me. Just wondered if I needed a refill. LOL
    I got it at half price for $1.99 so regular price would be $3.99. I had the W8 ProShot app and just happened to check for it and it was available so I bought it. Works good. 950DS

Edit: In reading through the other thread here I thought I read that those who purchased the first app were getting the upgrade at no charge. I honestly cannot remember how I did it on my 950 the other day but on my 950XL the original app changed to ProShot Classic, I opened the app and there was a note from the developer with an option to check out the new app, it downloaded the upgrade. I wonder if that would have happened on my 950?
    Last edited by Mark F24; 08-28-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    08-28-2016 08:02 PM
    I am a developer and have an app in the store that was published in 8.1 and I was updating to 10 ...it is a free app. I am getting an all clear when I publish it the store in the dev center but no app appearing in the store. Unable to get an answer from MS. Even ran the Windows App Certification program to doule check the app's readiness. Passed no problem. MS still gave me no answer when I emailed the results of the said test. The "Store" is a mess and it is no surprise that the guys and gals tha do this for a living want no part of wasting their valuable time in making something for it
    08-28-2016 09:40 PM
    Ah that's what you use it for :p The game will change soon lol
    RumoredNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-28-2016 10:26 PM
    i had the original app, and i did pay them to unlock all the features, dont know it it will be upgraded to the new one or no, as i'm on lumia 925
    08-29-2016 12:09 AM
33 12