Macalifa - A new open-source music app for UWP that won't suck.

thecodrr

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys!

I am theweavrs, the lead developer of Macalifa.

So a little bit about how I started developing Macalifa. As you all know, there aren't many good music apps on Universal Windows Platform; Groove Music itself is very buggy and Audiotica doesn't even have a volume slider. So, as I am a .NET developer and was working on Macalifa way before Windows 10 release, when the platform finally came out I was disappointed at the lack of apps and to acknowledge that, I got this idea to create a music app that won't suck, isn't buggy and is free, without-ads.

About the project:
Its a work-in-progress and will remain so for as long as it survives, being open-source and all. The vision in my mind is to create a fast, responsive and rich-featured music app for all the music lovers and audiophiles out there. Macalifa uses Un4seen Bass as for audio processing and its feature-rich; equalizers, effects, sound mixing you name it.

Current Focus:
Current focus is on performance and basic audio player features like library and playlist support, base functionality etc. just to get the idea up and running.

Roadmap and features:
You can take a peek at the complete roadmap and features here. For easy understanding, alpha version of Macalifa will be focused on creating the foundation, so that the next releases aren't unstable but that doesn't mean that it will be buggy.

Screenshots:
www.GIFCreator.me_wNQHLV.gif

All contributions and suggestions are welcome.

Project url: https://github.com/theweavrs/Macalifa (don't forget to star).

Thank you everyone. :)

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys!

I am theweavrs, the lead developer of Macalifa.

So a little bit about how I started developing Macalifa. As you all know, there aren't many good music apps on Universal Windows Platform; Groove Music itself is very buggy and Audiotica doesn't even have a volume slider. So, as I am a .NET developer and was working on Macalifa way before Windows 10 release, when the platform finally came out I was disappointed at the lack of apps and to acknowledge that, I got this idea to create a music app that won't suck, isn't buggy and is free, without-ads.

About the project:
Its a work-in-progress and will remain so for as long as it survives, being open-source and all. The vision in my mind is to create a fast, responsive and rich-featured music app for all the music lovers and audiophiles out there. Macalifa uses Un4seen Bass as for audio processing and its feature-rich; equalizers, effects, sound mixing you name it.

Current Focus:
Current focus is on performance and basic audio player features like library and playlist support, base functionality etc. just to get the idea up and running.

Roadmap and features:
You can take a peek at the complete roadmap and features here. For easy understanding, alpha version of Macalifa will be focused on creating the foundation, so that the next releases aren't unstable but that doesn't mean that it will be buggy.

Screenshots:
View attachment 130695

All contributions and suggestions are welcome.

Project url: https://github.com/theweavrs/Macalifa (don't forget to star).

Thank you everyone. :)

will it have a night or dark mode. :) you are doing a great job, we definitely need more apps in windows store. good luck

thecodrr

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
will it have a night or dark mode. :) you are doing a great job, we definitely need more apps in windows store. good luck

The Night/Dark theme mode is already implemented, I forgot to take a screenshot. I will update.

Thank you for your encouragement, it is true that we need more apps in the Windows Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss