Facebook app updated?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I've got a notification from Appraisin that regular FB app for Mobile just got a new UI and some fixes, my store however still cannot find the update. Tried changing region, doesn't work. Got Lumia 950. Just a random question - does anybody else have the issue where they have more than 2 GB ram on their phones but the store says that they don't when they're viewing the facebook app (non beta version)? If so has anyone managed to solve it?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Its true that the minimum specs for Facebook app has changed to 2gb ram but the company is still supporting and will deliver updates to 1gb ram devices as well. I haven't seen the update yet on my Lumia 730 and its normal rollout could be gradual and will be visible in a few hours also make sure the poster in appraisin is credible enough and is not bogus update as i have experienced in on appraisin myself.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Its true that the minimum specs for Facebook app has changed to 2gb ram but the company is still supporting and will deliver updates to 1gb ram devices as well. I haven't seen the update yet on my Lumia 730 and its normal rollout could be gradual and will be visible in a few hours also make sure the poster in appraisin is credible enough and is not bogus update as i have experienced in on appraisin myself.
There were several people commenting that the update is right there, but also several having issues with downloading it. Not sure if it's relevant but screenshots in store show slightly different UI than it is now.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by kaktus1389
I've got a notification from Appraisin that regular FB app for Mobile just got a new UI and some fixes, my store however still cannot find the update. Tried changing region, doesn't work. Got Lumia 950. Just a random question - does anybody else have the issue where they have more than 2 GB ram on their phones but the store says that they don't when they're viewing the facebook app (non beta version)? If so has anyone managed to solve it?
I have the Idol 4s 4gb ram and it says I have the required ram. I checked for updates there's no Facebook update for me. Not familiar with appraisin how reliable is it for app updates? How are people seeing a update there??

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the Idol 4s 4gb ram and it says I have the required ram. I checked for updates there's no Facebook update for me. Not familiar with appraisin how reliable is it for app updates? How are people seeing a update there??
Actually it works like this: when people spot an update they post about it on appraising and then they get raises (upvotes) for their post, and while it's true that anyone can say anything there it is quite reliable.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Actually it works like this: when people spot an update they post about it on appraising and then they get raises (upvotes) for their post, and while it's true that anyone can say anything there it is quite reliable.
Have they given the app version number?

Sent from mTalk

joe_coolish

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the new Facebook app is just like the Facebook Beta app. Meaning, it crashes on startup most of the time, and the other times the UI is so unresponsive, you can't do anything. I wish I could go back and install the older version, but unfortunately, once you go new, you can't go back.

I mean, I'm on a L950XL! I would think an app that makes it through the process would be able to run on my phone. I just don't get how the current app made it through QC

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, the new Facebook app is just like the Facebook Beta app. Meaning, it crashes on startup most of the time, and the other times the UI is so unresponsive, you can't do anything. I wish I could go back and install the older version, but unfortunately, once you go new, you can't go back.

I mean, I'm on a L950XL! I would think an app that makes it through the process would be able to run on my phone. I just don't get how the current app made it through QC
I'm on a Idol 4s and Facebook never crashes. I'm using the beta, still haven't seen the update for the main app

Sent from mTalk

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
No update yet on my Lumia 730. The fact about appraisin is that you could post about an app even if it is not updated. So until the poster is reliable most of the news are just attention seeking.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Just a random question - does anybody else have the issue where they have more than 2 GB ram on their phones but the store says that they don't when they're viewing the facebook app (non beta version)? If so has anyone managed to solve it?

Yes, my 950 XL has 3 GB RAM, but the store seems to think it has less than 2 GB RAM. The app installs and runs fine as far as I can tell, but I haven't used it extensively.

Now here's my question. Is there any reason to choose one of the 2 (non beta) FB apps over the other?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes, my 950 XL has 3 GB RAM, but the store seems to think it has less than 2 GB RAM. The app installs and runs fine as far as I can tell, but I haven't used it extensively.

Now here's my question. Is there any reason to choose one of the 2 (non beta) FB apps over the other?
Not entirely sure what do you mean by that as I think that old MS's apps are no longer supported. If you are still using MS app, you'll get more features and (subjective) slightly nicer UI if you download the FB app developed by FB inc., but it is likely that it will load slower (for me it's not really slow but many users say that it's slow for them).

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm saying the features coming to the main app are already in the beta now and really the beta is still a higher version number than the main app whenever that update releases

Sent from mTalk

I know what you want to say.

But this thread Is made for full release of app..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte