Podcast Lounge massive download usage over wi-fi?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Why does the Podcast Lounge app on my Lumia 820 running W8.1 use so much wi-fi data? Since switching to using this app my average monthly wi-fi usage on my phone has shot up from around 3/4GB a month to 140GB a month!!! The Data Sense app confirms that it is Podcast Lounge which is the culprit. It is not my usage pattern which has changed since I formerly used a different podcast app with the same podcast subscriptions. I currently have 2GB worth of podcasts downloaded on my phone.

I suspect that it may be that Podcast Lounge is repeatedly re-downloading *all* my podcasts over and over while the phone is on charge overnight. For now, I have turned off the Sync setting in Podcast Lounge to automatically download new episodes to see if this makes a difference.

(fortunately I am on an unlimited internet connection at home so not the problem it would be if I was on a capped package)

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Why does the Podcast Lounge app on my Lumia 820 running W8.1 use so much wi-fi data? Since switching to using this app my average monthly wi-fi usage on my phone has shot up from around 3/4GB a month to 140GB a month!!! The Data Sense app confirms that it is Podcast Lounge which is the culprit. It is not my usage pattern which has changed since I formerly used a different podcast app with the same podcast subscriptions. I currently have 2GB worth of podcasts downloaded on my phone.I suspect that it may be that Podcast Lounge is repeatedly re-downloading *all* my podcasts over and over while the phone is on charge overnight. For now, I have turned off the Sync setting in Podcast Lounge to automatically download new episodes to see if this makes a difference.(fortunately I am on an unlimited internet connection at home so not the problem it would be if I was on a capped package)
Checkout the settings of this app.ORRemove it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro