Instagram vs 6tag on W10M?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've taken a break from W10M and just getting back in the game. I'm happy to see that Instagram is finally in the store.

I'm curious...how does it compare to 6tag?

It's nice to have the official app and to have it universal (with my SP4). But would I lose any features by using it vs the awesome app 6tag?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
6tag hasn't been a great experience for me anymore. A lot of photos can't be uploaded via camera, only via collage mode. It's probably due to living images... I dunno. Also the hashtag helper is better on... Instagram app I do find a bit slow if you have a massive camera roll (I'm at 3500+) but overall better experience as everything does work at least. 6tag probably stopped for development and updates so no keeping up with instagram features.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Wellll this is funny but I use the official app to scroll aimlessly, tagging people and pm's. I use 6tag for saving all of that junk on my phone 😁

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The official Instagram app has problems uploading photos and videos I've found. Though that could be the slow cpu of my 650. I do like having the continuity of the official app on W10 and W10M.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I like 6tag better for three reasons: better customization controls, the ability to save other posts, and the regram function. Are those functions available in the official app???

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Instagram is better now. It's up to date for the most part and faster. 6tag takes a while to start, and hasn't been updated since February maybe? I only use it to download videos or regram things quickly

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Instagram is better now. It's up to date for the most part and faster. 6tag takes a while to start, and hasn't been updated since February maybe? I only use it to download videos or regram things quickly
The developer hasn't been very active as of late.. sad tho

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I kinda wish 6tag would have kept receiving updates. Yes a great app. The two apps excel at different things. I like how ok 6tag I can post to my FB timeline or sorry another page/group I run. The official app doesn't have this capability. I also it better for scrolling.

But the official app is better supported. It's now gonna get the newest updates like stories and going live. It's also better at commenting on posts (6tag takes you to an extra screen isolated from the other comments before you can comment) and has the feature of direct messaging. So the app seems more build towards the social and connecting experience.

Well at least we have options 🙂

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos