The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-24-2017 09:43 AM
45 12
tools
    Finally they replied today saying the api changes for hangouts don't affect their app... Still missing!
    Hopefully it will be back soon. As for now I'm using IM+. It does the trick but it's lacking a lot of functionality.
    01-25-2017 09:05 PM
    Hopefully it will be back soon. As for now I'm using IM+. It does the trick but it's lacking a lot of functionality.
    yea but at least it's fast!
    Sean Burcham likes this.
    01-25-2017 10:50 PM
    Posting for finality I guess

Dear user,
    We are very sorry, but we have to report that Attractor Mobile Software applications are now unavailable in the Windows Store. Due to this situation, we can no longer provide the support for these apps.
    Our team is actively working to find the solution of the problem.
    And we recommend you to join Apps4Store community on Facebook to be aware of current information on this subject.
    01-31-2017 10:45 AM
    Posting for finality I guess
    Was that from the Windows Store or from Attractor?
    02-01-2017 05:21 PM
    That email was from Attractor
    02-01-2017 05:38 PM
    Well they are active on their facebook page

I wonder why Microsoft leaves developers questioning... It seems common that when something is taken off the store, that it's hard to get back in or even get a feedback as to what, why or how to get back in.

Granted it is only one side of the story.
    02-16-2017 12:05 PM
    They should have known that their app was about to be removed. All they needed to do was to provide an update which would rename the app, but they didn't do that, and now they have problems.

Still, it would be lame if it was that hard to get this app back to the Store, but I still blame the developers. If, on the other hand, what they say is true, then we should see an article at Windows Central about that, as that is unacceptable Microsoft to make bringing back an app so hard. Especially considering the app gap issue.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone
    anthonyng likes this.
    02-16-2017 12:18 PM
    Is there still hope?
    Email from Attractor:
    "Hello,
    We would like to announce you new application for Google Hangouts service developed by our partners. It's called GMessenger Pro.

GMessenger Pro allows you to send Hangouts messages, chat with friends in groups, share emoticons and much more. Nowadays you can install the app for free and enjoy all benefits of communication in Google Hangouts.
    Install Free and Try out - http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=6QZSbfsH

We hope you'll get only positive emotions from communication using GMessenger Pro. Please share with us your opinion about how'd you like the app. Your support is valuable!
    Attractor Mobile Software powered by Freshdesk 4894."
    03-15-2017 08:57 AM
    Any of you with two factor authentication on your Gmail has got this to work?

Sent via mTalk on a 950XL
    03-15-2017 09:09 AM
    I got an email this morning from Attractor recommending gMessenger Pro as a Hangouts alternative. Sadly the link in the email doesn't work now, and it looks like gMessenger has also gotten pulled from the store.
    03-15-2017 11:10 AM
    Any of you with two factor authentication on your Gmail has got this to work?

It has just worked on mine. Method: code sent through a text message.

I got an email this morning from Attractor recommending gMessenger Pro as a Hangouts alternative. Sadly the link in the email doesn't work now, and it looks like gMessenger has also gotten pulled from the store.
    I've just installed it from the link above.

Sent from mTalk
    03-15-2017 04:43 PM
    It has just worked on mine. Method: code sent through a text message.

I've just installed it from the link above.

Sent from mTalk
    Installing and logging in is not an issue for me. I can not send a message, is all, with two factor on. Dev asking me to disable two factor.
    03-15-2017 06:57 PM
    Installing and logging in is not an issue for me. I can not send a message, is all, with two factor on. Dev asking me to disable two factor.
    I can send messages, so I don't know what the problem is. Hopefully, the developer will improve that with an upcoming update.

Sent from mTalk
    03-15-2017 09:34 PM
    I can send messages, so I don't know what the problem is. Hopefully, the developer will improve that with an upcoming update.

Sent from mTalk
    I hope so too. Do you have Google voice with your hangouts?

03-15-2017 10:16 PM
    Just grabbed gMessenger too. Thanks @Jackalito for the tip that the link was working again.

Confirming that I have 2-factor authentication as well, and I was able to log in and send messages. Good luck getting it to work @zocster
    03-16-2017 10:56 AM
    I installed this Tuesday. But nobody on my account even uses hangouts. It worked well while I used it, but I do not understand why it always references my outlook account and not my Gmail. I sign in with the Gmail. The outlook.com account is not even a registered google account. Even with client for hangouts it did this. Finally the developer stopped asking me to troubleshoot. No issues at all just thought it was odd my Gmail account no where in the interface.
    03-16-2017 11:07 AM
    I need to reiterate, the gmail based messages sends and receives well, but when you start wanting to use your G Voice number, that's where the problem is.

It doesn't send only receives G Voice messages, it used to work.
    03-16-2017 11:28 AM
    No one finds it's horribly slow? Just like Client for Hangouts?
    03-23-2017 02:48 PM
    No one finds it's horribly slow? Just like Client for Hangouts?
    Oh.... Its slow. Im still using IM+ because its so slow. Not to mention, it doesnt stay connected. Even when I set it to always run in the background.
    Last edited by Sean Burcham; 03-23-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    03-23-2017 08:14 PM
    Oh.... Its slow. Im still using IM+ because its so slow. Not to mention, it doesnt stay connected. Even when I set it to always run in the background.

Noticed that too, but there was an update yesterday. hmmm.... I wonder if IM+ will break around April when google said their API gets locked down or something.
    03-24-2017 09:43 AM
45 12