Where has Client for Hangouts gone?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey maybe! :) If hangouts is gearing up for enterprise usage, and well windows mobile is targeted to enterprise now........ lol ;D

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I think they would rather sabotage the existing this party clients than making their own client for hangouts. :D

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you guys got it too but attractor mobile emailing me again

I told them it's been gone for 5-6 weeks now and thought they killed the program and they replied with

the issue with Microsoft is solving now. Our team communicates with Microsoft team and discusses how to restore the application to the Store in the nearest time.
We're doing our best in order to solve this unpleasant situation and it's a pity for us to make such inconvenience to you.

Hope you'll understand us and wait a little for the nearest fix.

Oooo I should ask them their thoughts about hangouts api going away.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Posting for finality I guess

Dear user,
We are very sorry, but we have to report that Attractor Mobile Software applications are now unavailable in the Windows Store. Due to this situation, we can no longer provide the support for these apps.
Our team is actively working to find the solution of the problem.
[h=3]And we recommend you to join Apps4Store community on Facebook to be aware of current information on this subject.[/h]

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well they are active on their facebook page

I wonder why Microsoft leaves developers questioning... It seems common that when something is taken off the store, that it's hard to get back in or even get a feedback as to what, why or how to get back in.

Granted it is only one side of the story.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
They should have known that their app was about to be removed. All they needed to do was to provide an update which would rename the app, but they didn't do that, and now they have problems.

Still, it would be lame if it was that hard to get this app back to the Store, but I still blame the developers. If, on the other hand, what they say is true, then we should see an article at Windows Central about that, as that is unacceptable Microsoft to make bringing back an app so hard. Especially considering the app gap issue.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Sean Burcham

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Is there still hope?
Email from Attractor:
"Hello,
We would like to announce you new application for Google Hangouts service developed by our partners. It's called GMessenger Pro.

GMessenger Pro allows you to send Hangouts messages, chat with friends in groups, share emoticons and much more. Nowadays you can install the app for free and enjoy all benefits of communication in Google Hangouts.
Install Free and Try out - https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...9nprzcfs7m1l%3Fcid%3Dfreshdesk&token=rKgJPIE8

We hope you'll get only positive emotions from communication using GMessenger Pro. Please share with us your opinion about how'd you like the app. Your support is valuable!
Attractor Mobile Software powered by Freshdesk 4894."

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I got an email this morning from Attractor recommending gMessenger Pro as a Hangouts alternative. Sadly the link in the email doesn't work now, and it looks like gMessenger has also gotten pulled from the store.

Jackalito

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Any of you with two factor authentication on your Gmail has got this to work?

Sent via mTalk on a 950XL

It has just worked on mine. Method: code sent through a text message.

I got an email this morning from Attractor recommending gMessenger Pro as a Hangouts alternative. Sadly the link in the email doesn't work now, and it looks like gMessenger has also gotten pulled from the store.

I've just installed it from the link above.

Sent from mTalk

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It has just worked on mine. Method: code sent through a text message.

I've just installed it from the link above.

Sent from mTalk

Installing and logging in is not an issue for me. I can not send a message, is all, with two factor on. Dev asking me to disable two factor.

Jackalito

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Installing and logging in is not an issue for me. I can not send a message, is all, with two factor on. Dev asking me to disable two factor.

I can send messages, so I don't know what the problem is. Hopefully, the developer will improve that with an upcoming update.

Sent from mTalk

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just grabbed gMessenger too. Thanks @Jackalito for the tip that the link was working again.

Confirming that I have 2-factor authentication as well, and I was able to log in and send messages. Good luck getting it to work @zocster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte