Facebook (Official) Apps Review

faizil

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, wanna share my review on this apps, so far i notice that it usually takes up to (unbelievable!) 20 seconds to load up the apps, and quite frequently sudden force closed while scrolling, typing etc. Did you guys had this experience like mine too? Please share your thoughts, TQ so much!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
the experience is horrible, glad that my lumia is secondary device and primary one is android. both fb and messenger apps are laggy with stuttering and random crashes. i couldn't even recall the last time i updated any of the two apps. its been a while and its hurting us badly.

faizil

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
For me, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and other major social media apps Microsoft or Dev must take care of seriously, if they want to stay in this mobile industry for long time...

elhelmiey

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
opening Facebook apps, 9/10 will always crashed and if it successfully opened, it will lag...
opening Messenger is OK, rarely crash but always lag like hell

i am waiting for Grab Driver and Uber Driver coming to Windows Store...

Phoneaddict713

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
It takes 16 secs to load up on mine and I thought that was already too long, lol. Facebook messenger is the same. Waiting that long to read a message is just too darn inconvenient.

faizil

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Oh mannn, i've checked the Store and found minimum requirements now is 2GB of RAM?! You mean i should throw this 640 XL if i wanna use the official apps? Oh, Cmonnnnnn.. Can somebody with 2GB of RAM confirmed that the official apps will run smoothly, quick loading, no stuttering or random crashes? TQ!

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
sucks on lumia 930.... the fb app not only takes too long to open but also heats up the phone like anything.... messenger opens in less than 5 seconds though.... and instagram is abt 2sec delay.

faizil

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
What the hell Microsoft talkin bout Redstone, Whitestone, Flintstone, major upgrade/update, Snapdragon running W10 but at the same time cannot (ask dev) to fix this damn slow loading, crashes and stuttering? Can you get it? This is the official apps man? Everybody will download and open it every seconds in this planet? Don't ya ever care? For god sake can somebody with 3GB of RAM (950 & 950 XL) tell me there's no lag, slow loading or random crashes on your devices? TQ...

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
For me the Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram apps quit while using, typing. Too annoying. FB app takes ages to open and crashes anyways. WhatsApp shows resuming and resuming and more resuming before actually opening. Once opened, it goes back to home screen in the middle of typing or after clicking a picture via the app. Instagram quits when trying to post pictures.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
What the hell Microsoft talkin bout Redstone, Whitestone, Flintstone, major upgrade/update, Snapdragon running W10 but at the same time cannot (ask dev) to fix this damn slow loading, crashes and stuttering? Can you get it? This is the official apps man? Everybody will download and open it every seconds in this planet? Don't ya ever care? For god sake can somebody with 3GB of RAM (950 & 950 XL) tell me there's no lag, slow loading or random crashes on your devices? TQ...
i own a 950 but it sucks for the bummer... get a 640 xl and update to win 10 and bla bla and men yeah those apps(fb, Messenger 2gb) crash more often Facebook... on my 950 just 1% of times close, and almost never get lag just some sporadic... damn now i got a problema my 950 fun to fast of battery and the 640 xl its laggy...

Subrata Jana

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have two devices Lumia 640XL and Lumia 950. In L640xl , many apps (mainly FB) crashes many time While the same apps in L950 is running smoothly without any issue. Its happening only due to sufficiency of RAM available. Apps will run quite smooth if such apps fulfil the system requirements mentioned there.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have two devices Lumia 640XL and Lumia 950. In L640xl , many apps (mainly FB) crashes many time While the same apps in L950 is running smoothly without any issue. Its happening only due to sufficiency of RAM available. Apps will run quite smooth if such apps fulfil the system requirements mentioned there.
yeah i mean the problem its, why the heck they up the requirements of ram, they need to fix the problem, not giving this... lol those aren't super apps, hope its fixed one day... (stupid ported apps with FB system..)

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
2Gb of RAM for a social app is a joke. Not even most 3D games need 2Gb of RAM. It all resumes to bad optimized ios port. On 1Gb Android devices it's the same, lag and crashes. Mark is just a lazy guy isn't he? 😄

Sent from mTalk

Subrata Jana

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
We need to keep in mind that w10 is desktop os and MS customized it for mobile os. I am using windows 10 desktop and laptop . And from the 1st w10 build mobile os released by MS am using. MS optimize and fix heavy bugs. In near future every problem will be resolved. Whereas android is originally mobile os, i think there is no probability to come in desktop .

ananimus

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
On my 950 the FB app takes about 7 seconds to load. However, sometimes it does take longer and about 1/3 of the time the first attempt to launch it fails after grinding away for 10 seconds. It also sometimes randomly dies, but not very often.

Other annoying things: Scrolling feels... sticky? It doesn't glide along as far with a hard flick like most screens. And the keyboard doesn't quite work right either. Like, if I try to highlight a previous word in an edit box it doesn't let me. For FB or Messenger. So certain kinds of editing don't work, like trying to go back to a word and select a different suggestion. Also, this one's a huge battery hog when running for me, as is Edge.

Besides all that, the app's actually pretty awesome...?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced all of those problems in terms of crashing. My FB app opens all the time with Yes a long lag at times. Posting isn't a problem either. I also like how all or most of the control buttons are on the bottom side of the screen.

But Yes, android and ios are smoother and more developed. Overall the experience is...ok IMO. Could be better

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
opening Facebook apps, 9/10 will always crashed and if it successfully opened, it will lag...
opening Messenger is OK, rarely crash but always lag like hell

i am waiting for Grab Driver and Uber Driver coming to Windows Store...

What is Grab Driver and Uber driver? Third party Lyft and Uber?

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I hard reset my phone my Lumia 640XL on Windows 10. After that the loading time of Facebook app reduced but it still crashes sometimes. But the overall experience has improved. The same goes for messenger.
WhatsApp never has crashed on me. So that's okay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven