WP 8.1 messenger

JA55er

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, first time posting so I hope I'm doing it in the right place.

So as far as I understand WP versions that are older than 10 will no longer be supported for messenger. Also we can no longer use Windows Insider as well?

So does anyone know of a way how I could still use messenger on my Nokia Lumia 920?

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, it's still working on my phone, while a friend of mine, it has stopped on his L925.

I'd recommend using the browser until you figure out what to do. My friend said the app still gives notifications. If that's the case, leave the app to get a notification and then check what it is in the browser.

The browser actually works better than the app in my opinion, it displays gifs and runs quite smooth.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
You can set notifications to email you about messages.

The only problem with that is that it usually takes ~30 minutes for them to come through. If that suits your use, then great, but it's not how I want to use messenger, unfortunately.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Your Lumia 920 is pretty long in the tooth now.
Maybe it's time for you to go Windows 10 Mobile.

Your options are either the Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 950, Alcatel Idol 4S, HP Elite X3 (If you have the cash to burn) or if you're on a budget then the Lumia 650 should fit your nicely.

JA55er

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Thank you everyone for answering. I'll be using messenger through the browser now and I'll try to install win 10 through the provided forums.

pidjones

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Don't know if it is on 8.1, but I'm using SlimSocial on my 640 (in 10) and it is a pretty good Facebook replacement with a built-in messenger​ section. Actually seems better on the Windows phone than my Android tablet.

PrinceXamim

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Your Lumia 920 is pretty long in the tooth now.
Maybe it's time for you to go Windows 10 Mobile.

Your options are either the Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 950, Alcatel Idol 4S, HP Elite X3 (If you have the cash to burn) or if you're on a budget then the Lumia 650 should fit your nicely.

I'm a long time Windows User, and I honestly wouldn't recommend a Windows Phone/Mobile to anyone, not even to the people I dislike...!

Not long ago, OneNote stopped syncing for no apparent reason... And now, Twitter is no longer sending push notifications...
In the distant past, I faced a weird error and I Googled it so much that I remember it like a parrot now: Error Code: 80073cfe...! The error wouldn't let me install or update ANY app from the store...!

Had to hard reset the phone and it was a complete pain, my friend...!

Windows is an uncharted land, and a mad one at that...

You never know what to expect, when to expect and how to expect it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99