Hive App being discontinued (UK)

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Gutted - this was amongst my most used apps :crying:

email said:
Hello,
We recently launched a new Web app, that now has all of the same great features as your Windows mobile app and more.

As part of this release, we have made the tough decision to stop supporting the Windows mobile app after lower than expected take-up. This is not a decision that was taken lightly, and was on the condition that we had an alternative that we are confident that you’ll be happy with.

What does this mean for me?

Rest assured, for the next 6 months your Windows App will continue to work as it has, however you will start to notice that there are features on the web app that aren’t available in your Windows app.

We recommend adding a bookmark to your phone's homescreen to make accessing the Web app quick and easy. Simply open my.hivehome.com/login in Internet Explorer > click the menu in the top right > click “Pin to start” and you will be able to access your Hive Web app in much in the same was as you do now.

To find out more, please take a look at our FAQs.

We hope you understand, thank you for your continued support,

The Hive team

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
indeed.... same as using ebay through the browser - but thats not really the point.
I can use facebook through the browser, and ebay (that app is now removed too).
I can use paypal, barclays bank and even my fitbit all through the browser.

What I liked, was a dedicated app which didn't need me to open a browser, navigate to a web page, log in, go to my settings and "then" I'm in the right place.
What I wanted to open the app and it works... on a windows phone. :(

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
What I liked, was a dedicated app which didn't need me to open a browser, navigate to a web page, log in, go to my settings and "then" I'm in the right place.

Without wanting to start an argument, you could do all that by pinning the web pages to your start screen.
I appreciate you want an app and 'it works' and it is frustrating being a Windows Phone user at the moment, but you may need to get used to it as there doesn't appear to be any optimistic news for Windows Mobile on the horizon.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Without wanting to start an argument, you could do all that by pinning the web pages to your start screen.
I thnk we're on the same page... and this is precisely my point.
If the lack of, no actually the deiminishing, app support in the ecosystem continues by virtue of 'you can access it via the browser', then it really does bring into question of 'what is the point' of the OS in the first place.

Anyway, thats for a different thread (probably multiple threads :D ).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb