Am i only person that thinks Nadella should go?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
No, not go. He has been good for the MS bottom line. I would suggest we arrange to have subliminal messages about WP played at night when he is asleep in hopes he will have a eureka moment and suggest the company rethink the mobile world.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I don’t proclaim to be an expert but aren’t they mainly a software company? Haven’t they moved their software to the leading mobile OS’s? They don’t need to make hardware for a tiny minority of people to be successful.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t working on some future “mobile” device. They could be, but presently, they are focusing on other things.

My 2 cents.

Yes, they are a software company, primarily. An OS is software. Groove was software. W10M was software. Right now, Windows 10, MS Office products, and Xbox are their consumer facing products. If Google ever truly commits to Chrome OS, and other industrial software companies start releasing products to run on it, MS will be in real trouble. Once Nadella gets a Playstation for his birthday, he'll decide to just make some half baked software for Playstation instead of making Xboxes, and that'll be gone too. Office will be the only thing left. This is all very exaggerated, but I'm just fed up with all the stupid little decisions and lack of commitment. There are plenty of back-end IT services running MS products, but again, consumers run industry. If Google and Apple products are first in their mind, they'll use those before they use MS when they can.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, they are a software company, primarily. An OS is software. Groove was software. W10M was software. Right now, Windows 10, MS Office products, and Xbox are their consumer facing products. If Google ever truly commits to Chrome OS, and other industrial software companies start releasing products to run on it, MS will be in real trouble. Once Nadella gets a Playstation for his birthday, he'll decide to just make some half baked software for Playstation instead of making Xboxes, and that'll be gone too. Office will be the only thing left. This is all very exaggerated, but I'm just fed up with all the stupid little decisions and lack of commitment. There are plenty of back-end IT services running MS products, but again, consumers run industry. If Google and Apple products are first in their mind, they'll use those before they use MS when they can.

I understand your frustration, it is shared with many of us, but they had to stop the bleeding. That meant and will mean a new direction. It has worked for now. Will it work in the future? Things always change so we will have to wait and see.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
How much money has MS wasted on the mobile platform?

I don’t think they’ve wasted any money. Yes there was the Nokia purchase and subsequent write off, but they learned a tremendous amount by becoming a mobile company for awhile. The Insiders Program was a brilliant idea that really started with mobile first.

I had a conversation today with a very pushy Amazon staff member trying to sell me on the insecure AWS when I already have highly secure Azure Government Cloud. I don’t think he understands the liability of storing PII in the cloud.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
that Many W10M users are forced to migrate to another platform
How many are forced if I may ask?
Isn't "WinPhonw has no app", "WinPhone OS is a niche OS" the mainstream?
Isn't what win10arm the mobile solution? How hard could a 6"-ARM-device-from-3rd-party-OEM be?
Is WinPhone as popular as Android, iOS and Win10pc (including the S)?
Will you spend just as much resources as with iOS, Android and Win10 into dev / QA for WinPhone?
How do you break the chicken egg loop (with other popular replacement in the mix)?
Isn't win10arm a good news for devs and consumer? It runs what win10pc runs right?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Most people now days don't vote their opinions in these forums. They can't be bothered to say thumbs up/I agree or thumbs down/I disagree. I'm happy to have people speak up. Yes, it would be better if people explained their comment, but that is alot to ask, I guess.
Best Wishes

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
are you serious? he abandoned the Windows platform
If this was directed at me...

Was there a specific statement from Mr. Nadella anywhere that said Microsoft was stopping WM development?

As far as abandonment it may have been consumer support that forced shelving the effort.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You're kidding right?

Microsoft literally spent tens of Billions of dollars trying to make Windows phone work.

Yeah, I'd love to see where you get that figure from. For proof that they stopped giving a crap about the platform a long time ago, you just have to look at the quality of THEIR OWN APPS on W10M vs Android & iOS. Then they try blaming other devs and consumers. Why should they expect consumers to care, when they don't? Why should they expect devs to care, when they don't?

tre10

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'd love to see where you get that figure from. For proof that they stopped giving a crap about the platform a long time ago, you just have to look at the quality of THEIR OWN APPS on W10M vs Android & iOS. Then they try blaming other devs and consumers. Why should they expect consumers to care, when they don't? Why should they expect devs to care, when they don't?
These links below are rumors so grain of salt necessary but it seems they may have spent big on Windows phone in the early days.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...phone-windows-phone-android-iphone?CMP=twt_fd

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenex...antees-a-ludicrous-per-unit-investment/?amp=1

When they didn't get the kind of adoption they expected the budget probably collapsed under internal pressure.

When shareholders expect an almost instant success from something playing catch up you get these kind of problems.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)