05-20-2018 05:09 PM
159 ... 567
tools
    No. Enlighten us.
    haha. Only was educated in Philosopy once as an undergrad, and never took another step in it. Was probably 10-15 yrs ago. Stuff from it though still stands out in my mind. Was just sharing a thought...

Edit: You can read the Allegory of the Cave though...it makes sense from what one perceives to be reality to the next. Even though it was or seems more of a "puff up" for a philosopher to share it that way, it can be applied to anyone and everyone where we are products of our own lives/reality.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-20-2018 12:23 PM
    Interesting conversation. My only question is who’s reality would people be keeping MS grounded in? Reality is a perception and we all have different ones. I’m assuming you’re speaking about keeping mobile alive which has been a disaster. That’s doesn’t mean it had to be, different decisions may have resulted in a different outcome. We’ll never know.
    Was the insider program meant to meet this need? Did they listen to insiders? All good questions.
    Not really talking about keeping mobile alive, but more like keeping communication open on all fronts, the issue with Mobile and half the people thinking MS abandoned them while the other half are thinking there is something in the works, but nobody actually knowing for sure is a good example though. :)
    01-20-2018 12:40 PM
    haha. Only was educated in Philosopy once as an undergrad, and never took another step in it. Was probably 10-15 yrs ago. Stuff from it though still stands out in my mind. Was just sharing a thought...

Edit: You can read the Allegory of the Cave though...it makes sense from what one perceives to be reality to the next. Even though it was or seems more of a "puff up" for a philosopher to share it that way, it can be applied to anyone and everyone where we are products of our own lives/reality.
    Well, that means you know more than I do!
    Sounds interesting. Might give it a look.
    01-20-2018 01:04 PM
    Not really talking about keeping mobile alive, but more like keeping communication open on all fronts, the issue with Mobile and half the people thinking MS abandoned them while the other half are thinking there is something in the works, but nobody actually knowing for sure is a good example though. :)
    I think it's almost impossible for Microsoft to compete with android or ios with it's own operating system. Nadella knows that. It's too late. But it doesn't mean they're not keeping the mobile alive. Microsoft is huge on mobile (on other operating systems). Which might be a better business eventually than if they owned android for instance.
    01-23-2018 05:38 AM
    I think it's almost impossible for Microsoft to compete with android or ios with it's own operating system. Nadella knows that. It's too late. But it doesn't mean they're not keeping the mobile alive. Microsoft is huge on mobile (on other operating systems)..
    I saw an advertisement on TV the other day... "Don't you wish your computer worked more like your phone?". It was a pitch from Google to get a Chromebook. Desktop and mobile operating systems don't exist in a void. One requires the support of the other, and if Nadella thinks that Google isn't coming after the desktop market share Windows has right now, he is sadly mistaken.

In fact, my sons school allows you to have a Windows PC with Office or a Chromebook with Google Docs.

Tim Cook should be listening too.
    01-31-2018 08:24 AM
    In fact, my sons school allows you to have a Windows PC with Office or a Chromebook with Google Docs.
    Maybe in grade school or high school. My wife goes to the University of Florida and Chromebooks are not supported for most programs. The irony is that Chrome browser is preferred and Edge and IE are not supported.
    01-31-2018 06:43 PM
    I believe abandoning W10M was the worst misstep Satia could have done. All the biggest technology companies, including MS, are already focusing and paying attention to the next big thing: AI. By ditching W10M, Microsoft's AI Cortana is being used less and less and it's slowly becoming irrelevant. I believe this spells trouble for Microsoft, they are primed to be placed last in the race for the next big technological thing.
    I know this is an old post I am replying too. However, I have to say, being in last place is not always a bad thing. However, in this case, they are in last place and being lapped, that is bad.
    02-02-2018 01:56 PM
    I know this is an old post I am replying too. However, I have to say, being in last place is not always a bad thing. However, in this case, they are in last place and being lapped, that is bad.
    and that's all because of Nadella's decision, nothing at all is wrong being in third place because Msft was now being gathering market share in many other regions just not as fast as in the USA, Apple wasn't always that big, they came as differentiator
    02-25-2018 09:56 AM
    I think Apple computers were 5%, or less, market share for years. Apple didn't give up and the apple fans did not give up.
    05-20-2018 05:09 PM
159 ... 567