How to use the Armchair CEO Forum!

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
If I were given a chance to govern Microsoft,first I would concentrate on the mobile platform because any technology that is going to be introduced in the future is going to easily reach people only through highly pervasive devices.I try to fill the application gap, the reason is the platform got it's own unique features which made more efficient than other two platforms and it gave a new definition of personal mobile experience.we could still sink our work on mobile phones, it is not always possible to carry really big devices with us and it also not possible to carry a device of another platform installing Windows applications along with other applications consuming memory.

anon(10324754)

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
1) Improve Windows feedback hub. Add facebook-like social aspect, so as to create a bridge to communicate between users, insiders and product manager.
2) Unify outlook task, Microsoft todo, office task and other task-taking platform into Microsoft todo. Integrate Skype for biz into Microsoft team.
3) Add core principle into fluent design (animation, light and other elements are too distant and not representative as a design language).
4) Make visual studio free for all, add Dart and Swift support.
5) Improve spider web and ranking system in Bing, pursue Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter integration.
6) Accelerate LinkedIn integration in Dynamic CRM and PowerBI.
7) Unify design language for all Office 365 and Azure web service (reference to google's approach)
8) Shift core office feature to cloud and web, improve office document multi-person collaboration and sharing.
9) Adobe acquisition. Microsoft needs Adobe and Adobe cloud.
10) Improvement on Mixed Reality: Enable room camera image for AR-like features, materialize Cliff house, lower computer prerequisite, add wireless module for headsets to cut cords. Introduce the hero VR headset from Microsoft.
11) Postpone Hololens 3 introduction for further active research development, promote low cost mixed reality device for eco-system.
12) Introduce Microsoft Windows Core and Windows shell. Eliminate tethering between explorer.exe and other win32 remains. Eliminate dynamic library (although I do not see this coming).
13) Buy Valve. Steam is very crucial, importance equivalent to Nokia previously.
14) Buy more CRM companies for knowledge and talent acquisition.
15) Stop/sell Microsoft film&TV. Microsoft is not a content creator.
16) Add facebook twitter integration back to People apps.
17) Introduce completely folk Android OS, targeted for Business Users, pre-installed on Business phones made by partners.
18) Introduce Surface 4 with phone and LTE feature. ID will be booklet-like, dual screen with minimum bezels, and run Windows on ARM.
19) Build Data Centers in China, India, Singapore, Spain and Netherlands powered by clean energy.
20) Open Microsoft Store in London, Paris, Rome, and other Europe countries.
21) Buy Quora.

Zero chance of getting data centre into China. And i dont see the point of more stores. I like every other point you made, though.

masud79

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I will order to make a (only one piece) windows 10 mobile 5.5 inch 95% body ratio,edge to edge display, dual camera, plutinum body, 500% premium look, VMware type somthing where i can run android apps ... Then i will take the phone and quit the job without salary

anon(9476064)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I would first take my time to get to know everyone (not all employees, but the people in charge of things) and what they are doing and why the current path has been chosen for each division. With that info I'd probably realize that there are some good reasons for those choices. Then I would create a new strategy for communication with the world and things would be a lot better... oh and I would check if it's possible to make an android based os which ties into all ms products without the need of google services.

CARL BUSSE

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Fire Nadelle, he doesn't hear consumers!

We created the Armchair CEO forum to provide everyone with a place to enter their thoughts, suggestions and opinions on what Microsoft should do next. What would you do if you were in charge!? Share your thoughts, plans and opinions right here!

Please: Keep all threads productive, respectful and on-topic to the original post!

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
We created the Armchair CEO forum to provide everyone with a place to enter their thoughts, suggestions and opinions on what Microsoft should do next. What would you do if you were in charge!? Share your thoughts, plans and opinions right here!

Please: Keep all threads productive, respectful and on-topic to the original post!

I would split the company into two - One is Cloud & Enterprise and the other is Windows & Devices. Nadella has to be removed from the Windows & Devices side immediately before he destroys it all. The OneWindows and UWP ecosystem is failing miserably under him. He is a Cloud guy and has no heart in Windows business. The new leadership of Windows & Devices will be responsible to restore the health of OneWindows, including the mobile play. The release of a SD845 based folding W10 mobile device in the Spring of 2018 will be a critical first step to launch a mobile resurgence. A new leader is showing a new begining. The old team has to be overhauled.

MobileWorldUnited

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
I would bring Android apps first! Cement them in the store properly as windows apps so nobody would be able to tell they were android unless they did technical checks! Then I would make the surface division make a surface tablet that folds into a phone and a second version that folds into a watch! I would make windows car play! I would make windows watch I would add windows bots on desktop I would bring back some form of uwp desktop wigets! I would make an Xbox phone I would make a xbox ui for pc where they could use xbox one exclusive games like a steam competitor! I would advertise everything! I would make a self driving surface car! I would make cortona ai have a body on the phone not a moving circle! The end from there its all marketing and upgrading and if they need innovation continue make up something...

MobileWorldUnited

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
I would:
1 Make foldable surface phone!
2 Tablet verion!
3 Arm watch version!
4 Xbox verion!
5 Make windows for cars!
6 Make Cortona 3d like in Halo!
7 Make Halo War space wars!
8 Make Surface Self Driving cars!
9 Put widgets on the desktop through uwp apps or store!
10 Add ai bots to the desktop!
11 Bring back android apps!
12 Sell Hololense glasses to consumers!
13 Bring Win32 apps to phones with uwp astetics or windows resizing for foldable devices!
14 Cancel competative advertisement!
15 Cancel any non mainstream consumer advertisements
16 Focus on consumer device advertisement with apps!
17 Entise more developer stricter contracts!
18 Make more microsoft windows exclusive apps!
19 Focus more on itterative device design upgrades
20 Open source more development!
21 Bring more development languages like ios android and mac!
22 Refocus on store organization!

Last edited:

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
1-UX sucks on Windows. UWP sucks, so make sure every app is released with ABSOLUTE precision in design, using quality testing. Maybe a few managers need to go already, those who dropped the ball so far.

2-Generally scrap the idea of releasing software in "iterations" especially in UX. There is no such thing as "bringing Fluent design to Windows gradually". It's like bringing scenario to a movie gradually and releasing the movie half made, and expect to improve it later. UX is a journey you take people on; you can't have it half-arsed.

3-Bring back focus on consumer facing products. Microsoft is failing the consumers left and right, and any notion of commitment to consumers is currently disrupted in everyone's mind.

4-Commit to solve software-hardware issues that plague Surface and other hardware.

opium_tm

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
withdraw ALL Microsoft apps from Apple and Android application stores. this is to make a statement. to show consumers that if they really want Microsoft services they need to commit to the platform

It would be conflicting with Office 365. Cloud subscription rely on as much as possible devices to be able to run Office.

TRJS

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
That´s an easy one: I would release a Smartphone with full Windows 10 on ARM and CShell. Everything that´s needed is still here (the Smartphone-UI and Continuum) or is in development anyway (CShell, x86-Software running on ARM-devices). Qualcom´s processors are optimized for Windows/DirectX etc. It is absolutely a waste of resources if Windows-ARM-devices come only in non-Smartphone-form factors, like Subnotebooks, Tablets, 2-in-1´s. And as it seems Microsoft=Nadella are not planing to release foldable devices as a competitor of Smartphones. Why? As I said: everything is here! Even with Belfiore and all the others burning down the bridges: It is still not too late! It´s only a matter of one thing: Are you willing to do something or not?

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

quality, Quality, QUALITY! If I were in charge of Microsoft, shipping bulletproof products would be my primary concern. After that, I'd fire the entire marketing/advertising department and hire a group of people that actually knew what they were doing. Next, I'd focus on expanding the Surface line into new segments, though this does not necessarily mean a phone. A RELIABLE and DURABLE Band wearable would be great. Imagine if the Band 2's Bluetooth actually worked AND that it didn't fall apart after three months. If priced at, say, $99 it could dominate the fitness-tracking segment.

inzenity

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
LOL, so not only microsoft is taking the mick with their customers, now windowscentral jumps on that wagon as well.

Ahwell, couple of posts above i read something about big titties. Just imagine Ballmer going on about big titties, i would buy every ms product without blinking.

Less serious though, i would hire some developers and turn edge into a mobile chromebook, let xiaomi make some nice hardware and full on attack google.

I would crawl back to ms instantly.

(Fun thread btw)

opium_tm

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Even with Belfiore and all the others burning down the bridges: It is still not too late! It´s only a matter of one thing: Are you willing to do something or not?

Sometimes it looks like Microsoft is angry on its own followers because followers aren't going to abandon Windows 10 Mobile even after 2 years of silence and gradual decline. How they dare, they fanboish scum?

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Right now, considering the situation I would leave consumer Microsoft Store to Amazon. Amazon would make miracles out of it. Possibly they would even start releasing their own branded Windows devices (well maybe even phones at some point).

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What makes Apple hold their grounds on mobile battleground ? The exclusive apps and them making a closed ecosystem. What's special about iPhones ? Literally nothing. And let's face it, there is nothing really special about any OS because they mostly more or less do the same things but in different ways. The ONLY way Microsoft could pull itself out of the current situation (that they put themselves in in the first place) is to play the exclusivity card. And I'm very confident that they could do that given how people are very reliant on Microsoft's services.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It would be conflicting with Office 365. Cloud subscription rely on as much as possible devices to be able to run Office.

True. But let's not forget that office 365 started with Windows on all devices ONLY. And then they started developing apps for Apple and Android making these users less inclined to join Microsoft as they may think "oh Microsoft is already providing all these applications to us on our platforms, why even switch ?" You get me ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte