06-01-2018 08:28 PM
31 12
tools
    Long term investors look at things from a different perspective.

Shareholders could give a rat's a** about revisionist history. Their mantra comes courtesy of Janet Jackson - What have you done for me lately?

Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-17-2018 04:05 PM
    Long term investors look at things from a different perspective.
    You're right, they bet with their wallets not their hearts. You really think they give a hearty one about the products?

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-17-2018 07:10 PM
    CEOs do not get "removed" when the stock is going up year after year.

Short term growth is a few quarters. We are now going on 5 years of growth. At some point, continued short term growth becomes long term growth.

I agree with others who said, this is all about "I loved Windows Phone but it was killed. I'm not happy with Microsoft right now."

You need to get over your obsession with Windows phones. Continuing to lose billions on Windows phones would have been grounds to remove him. As a purely BUSINESS decision, killing WP was the right move.

Whatever you (or the other 127 remaining WP users) think is irrelevant.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    05-28-2018 11:23 PM

Short term growth is a few quarters. We are now going on 5 years of growth. At some point, continued short term growth becomes long term growth.

I agree with others who said, this is all about "I loved Windows Phone but it was killed. I'm not happy with Microsoft right now."

You need to get over your obsession with Windows phones. Continuing to lose billions on Windows phones would have been grounds to remove him. As a purely BUSINESS decision, killing WP was the right move.

You’re 100% correct. Oh, and I’m one of the 127. But I’m also a former webOS and BlackBerry 10 user so this is old hat for me. Still sucks though.
    05-29-2018 07:53 AM
    This is about "Whatever he has done after becoming CEO MINUS Windows Phone"!

He never sticks to his own ideas, keeps on experimenting on sub par things and then pulls the plug off when it eventually fails. He is a CEO without any vision.

Infact the only successful product he is associated with is Surface which was actually initiated & developed by Ballmer.

Most of the good things Windows 10 has today was planned before he became CEO.

His way of working resembles that of John Sculley whose only goal in life was to be practical and make shareholders happy. He did last for a long time, 14 years but see how it ended.

Last edited by Free-Spirit; 05-29-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    05-29-2018 11:04 AM
    This is about "Whatever he has done after becoming CEO MINUS Windows Phone"!

He never sticks to his own ideas, keeps on experimenting on sub par things and then pulls the plug off when it eventually fails. He is a CEO without any vision.

Infact the only successful product he is associated with is Surface which was actually initiated & developed by Ballmer.

Most of the good things Windows 10 has today was planned before he became CEO.

His way of working resembles that of John Sculley whose only goal in life was to be practical and make shareholders happy. He did last for a long time, 14 years but see how it ended.
    So the answer is to remove him from the Windows Phone department and leave him as CEO of every other division since he’s making Microsoft more money than Ft. Knox?

Snarkiness aside, even Giancarlo Stanton has trouble with the curveball. But you’d be crazy to pull him out of the lineup.
    06-01-2018 08:28 PM
31 12