If Windows Phone/Mobile "died", what would you use?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Dan,

Let's say that development stopped for Windows 10 Mobile and nothing runs or works anymore out of all of the phones (including the old 7/8/8.1 ones as well) you own. If you were unable to use a Windows Phone/Mobile anymore, what would you use? iOS or Android? And what phone out of those will you use?

(Rene was asked the same question so I'm going to do the favor of asking you the same thing)

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I hate mixing politics into my tweets, but (1) we're in extraordinary times, imo (2) I do have a degree in poli sci, so it's kinda in my nature to be political ;) I do hope to have this stuff fade, but even RT'ing a new story or saying something political these days invites troll and even death threats (had one last night). Some weird stuff.

Just funin' with ya.

shahidkazi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I would most likely go for a Xiaomi Android phone.

I did actually move to Redmi Note 4. While i love W10M, the app gap and the wall of silence over the platform by MS got to me eventually. I used iPhone for a few days and iOS drive to the wall. Its an ugly and boring OS.

By those standards, Android is bearable and the Redmi device is offering great usability at cheap costs (the device i may add does not look like a cheap device at all).

I have however kept my W10M phone as a media device and to get the feel whenever i get bored of Android :)

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My issue has more to do with the fact that i refuse to pay more than $200 for a phone (and when we had those high US carrier subsidies which made it look like you were getting the phone cheap only to have your monthly bill go up and/or be stuck with the carrier for another 2 years I balked). And there are no $200 phones that will be supported by any vendor for any reasonable amount of time. Funny thing is I've owned 2 Nexus devices the Nexus One and the Nexus 4, both of which had deals where you were able to get them for around $200 not that long after their release and gave me 2 solid years of support. All the Nexus phones after then were way over priced. I've always felt Apple devices to be over priced but at least if you get a current gen phone you get 2+ years of support, same can be said of Flagship phones.

Ciscoca

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Hello, all

It's unfortunate to think of the possibility of windows phone dying, because I had a good experience when I had my 640 XL. If Windows phone dies off I would consider using a Nokia phone. I believe as far as competitive differentiation, Microsoft has the right mindset with Continuum. It might be that Microsoft needs a new fresh innovative start from it's Surface Pro Engineers, to fully take over the mobile business for Microsoft. Only time will tell hoping for a turn around for Microsoft phones.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I think it was maybe 8 years ago when I tried to put I tunes on my computer, and it just took over the whole computer. I swore never again would I have any thing to do with Apple. So it would have to be Android. I kind of like the BB Mercury. Or what ever they call it, see what the specs are but I think it will be out of my price range.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
For cheapskates like me There was a leak that google will release a budget pixel phone the Pixel 2B. Question is if the flagship starts @ $650 is the budget one going to be cheap enough?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Prolly go with android and a Sony Xperia phone or maybe wait till a high end nokia phone comes out. That mid range N6 is like getting a L830 when the L930 could of been the best choice, but wasn't available in the US. No apple for me, I'm anti-apple. 🚫🍏

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll keep rotating like I have done for the past 8 years or so. I've zero bias and like iOS, Android and Windows 10 mobile in equal measures. They each have strengths and weaknesses tbh. I think I've had every iteration of iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and flagship Lumia as I get bored rather easily and need a change of scenery. I don't even know if I'd choose a new MS handset as most of my love was for Nokia/Microsoft Lumia on the OS with things like Glance, Double Tap to Wake etc and the new hardware and handsets from other OEMs are unlikely to feature those. I'm excited to see if the new Nokia phones on Android will bring all those features with them to the table and will most likely buy one of their flagships once they show their hand

Ciscoca

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
If Microsoft phones after lots of consideration for good quality and getting some service I would firstly consider LG. Afterwards it would be HTC, new google phone whatever it is, and wait to see what the feedback is like on the new Nokia phones.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A little tinny but reliable

tin-can.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos