If Windows Phone/Mobile "died", what would you use?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Dan,

Let's say that development stopped for Windows 10 Mobile and nothing runs or works anymore out of all of the phones (including the old 7/8/8.1 ones as well) you own. If you were unable to use a Windows Phone/Mobile anymore, what would you use? iOS or Android? And what phone out of those will you use?

(Rene was asked the same question so I'm going to do the favor of asking you the same thing)

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't be happy with either one frankly, but I would go Android due the customization options and numerous hardware options. I really can't stand using ios for any length of time. I would have to do more research to actually choose a specific phone, but I would lean to an upper range or flagship device that is not Samsung like LG, HTC, or Alcatel. No interest in the Pixel.

Sent from mTalk on my Alcatel Idol 4S for Windows

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not wrong, there is thread with this question already here. ☺
Before, my answer was iOS.
In the meantime, I used iPhone 5s and menage to not throw it in the wall for 2 months. It drived me crazy!!! I hated stupid, ugly OS and those icons.
So, I think that now, I'd buy myself an Android phone. Of coure, only if W10m stops developing for good.
And by Android phone, I mean something clean, maybe some Nexus, Pixel, HTC or Sony phone since they run pretty clean versions of OS.
I hope I won't be forced to do that. I love W10m OS and have all the apps I need for now.
Battery on my 950 could be better but I can live with it. ☺

Sent from mTalk

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
While I use a lot of Apple products, I refuse the iPhone because of its price. I own an iPad and it costs half of an iPhone but is so much better.

With W10M dying, I will go Android, at the moment the Moto M sounds resonable and not too expensive. Yes, I own a real camera too, and mobile cameras are just a stopgap for me.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Dan,

Let's say that development stopped for Windows 10 Mobile and nothing runs or works anymore out of all of the phones (including the old 7/8/8.1 ones as well) you own. If you were unable to use a Windows Phone/Mobile anymore, what would you use? iOS or Android? And what phone out of those will you use?

(Rene was asked the same question so I'm going to do the favor of asking you the same thing)

iPhone. I actually have an iPhone 7 Plus on my extra line. I also have a GS7, but I don't use it that often. I just don't care for Android even if the hardware is more interesting. I find Google...repulsive lol. The iPhone just works though and the camera is finally getting decent.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If there were no more WM I guess our decision making as to "which phones this week" would be that much easier LOL. Essentially it would become Android and iOS with the models/version being the only differentiators.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Dan,

W10M is basically dead in India already, hanging on to my Lumia 730 as 950 is out of stock and XL is priced closed to pixel still. Waiting for a Nokia Android flagship.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
iPhone SE. For some unknown reason I detest Android and especially Samsung. Too risky getting malware, Touchwiz seems a pain and heaven knows when updates for whatever Android you choose will eventually turn up.
Apple is very good with updates and to me the iPhone SE is like a Jack Russell; it packs a big punch in a small package.....

But in the meantime I will continue to use my trusted Lumia 830, the last of the Nokia Windows Mohicans.....

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Dan,

Although this question is for Mr. Rubino,

iOS. I already replaced my 1020 with an iPhone 6s for several months now after all those updates and risk of bricking the phone almost killed my last Windows Phone, and after not hearing any news about a new Windows Phone to succeed the 1020.

iOS over Android because of security. Despite the ability to customize Android (which is also a potential security flaw), it won't give me the same level of customization that Windows Phones did. At least iOS is focused (or more accurately, not diffused).

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
And I thought Dan was a political commentator! He's actually a windows techie? LOL

I hate mixing politics into my tweets, but (1) we're in extraordinary times, imo (2) I do have a degree in poli sci, so it's kinda in my nature to be political ;) I do hope to have this stuff fade, but even RT'ing a new story or saying something political these days invites troll and even death threats (had one last night). Some weird stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo