Hey Dan, what about Microsoft and Quantum computing?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
In 2014 I began to see more and more reports about the advances in quantum computing. More so today in this decade I see it and its involvement with AI. Dan, what do you know about Microsoft's involvement with quantum computing if any? What do you think about Quantum Computing in the current era of technology?

Thanks.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'm not Dan (I don't even share his name) but it would be silly of Microsoft to not be researching alternative methods of computing other than the traditional binary method. I'm sure there are teams within teams that are looking into, well maybe not quantum computing exactly, but projects similar to it. It's basically guaranteed. Microsoft is not a company to put all their eggs into one basket. That includes the entire foundation for our computing.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The last item I read that involved Microsoft and quantum computing, stated that Microsoft was researching and possibly investing in quantum computing that was still thought by some to be theoretical. Without too much detail it involved quasiparticles (non-abelian anyons). These types of milestones in computing do not seem to get much publicity on the Web or other places, and for good reasons, but what intrigued me most is that the report stated that research in this area had been progressing for more than a decade. So maybe the idea of one core is only the surface (no pun intended) of many other things amidst this sea of IoT? I know I am not the only one that finds interest in this stuff...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss