02-21-2017 01:05 AM
48 12
tools
    Given how expensive phones are getting nowadays it will definitely be over $1000 well that figure would be Canadian for me which I would not doubt ha ha. Taking into account of the specs are more of a beast than what the hp elite x3 offers in the end it would make sense.
    02-03-2017 10:06 AM
    Microsoft has no where near the volume of manufacturers that Android has, such as samsung, lg, motorola, etc to name a few. Would branching out to these companies to see if you can get them on board to take on windows 10 a good move? and would quality improve for the windows mobile 10 user?
    02-04-2017 08:27 AM
    If it will never be Samsung because they want to have all the control, then maybe LG or HTC would be other ideal options which may never happen. Having alcatel on board with idol 4s and 820 snapdragon, and the specs to me are better than the android version, Microsoft needs more of this. Another options which may never happen would be like the one plus series carrying windows, or an emerging competitor that may come around to be similar to one plus and carry windows OS.
    RumoredNow and Sedp23 like this.
    02-05-2017 03:08 PM
    I was waiting to see and was wondering with Huawei thinking if they'll decide one day again to put windows on some of their hardware, but they design they're own CPUs now and are deep into it. Maybe Microsoft could cut a deal with them and support the Kirin processors. I guess there's always options.
    02-05-2017 11:17 PM
    Nate, Huawei is a good option like you said the spec up there phones really well, and that is something Microsoft has in common with huawei.
    02-06-2017 10:30 AM
    Another consideration from Microsoft to make a turn around in the mobile market, is it all possible for a smartphone made by Microsoft could also include a feature that would allow the phone to project onto a wall for showing, such as a presentation?
    02-07-2017 04:04 PM
    Another consideration from Microsoft to make a turn around in the mobile market, is it all possible for a smartphone made by Microsoft could also include a feature that would allow the phone to project onto a wall for showing, such as a presentation?
    There are phones that did that before actually. Don't think they took off.
    Laura Knotek and theefman like this.
    02-07-2017 04:08 PM
    Won't Continuum do that?

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    02-07-2017 06:04 PM
    Microsoft is not looking for a turnaround in mobile market, it is looking for the next big thing for enterprise. Look at how happy they are in the enterprise interest of hololens and that where their focus is, they probably dont even understand how big it could be for consumers especially gamers.
    02-07-2017 10:30 PM
    Blackberry did this. It didn't work.
    There are phones that did that before actually. Don't think they took off.
    Things don't always work first try, or they just don't get enough attention. For example, the Dell Venue Pro had a slider keyboard but it didn't get almost any attention because:

1) It was a Windows Phone
    2) The keyboard at that time (2011) made it look like it wasn't an up to date smartphone.

But now, the Blackberry Priv succeeded (at least it got lots of attention, idk about sales) and all the reviewers I watched seem to like it.

Sent from mTalk
    02-08-2017 01:41 AM
    Things don't always work first try, or they just don't get enough attention. For example, the Dell Venue Pro had a slider keyboard but it didn't get almost any attention because:

1) It was a Windows Phone
    2) The keyboard at that time (2011) made it look like it wasn't an up to date smartphone.

But now, the Blackberry Priv succeeded (at least it got lots of attention, idk about sales) and all the reviewers I watched seem to like it.

Sent from mTalk
    Actually, the Palm Pre had a portrait slider in 2009. It got a lot of attention but using that form-factor isn't the best of analogies. A projector is a pretty niche feature and requires tradeoffs that might be cumbersome for a mainstream phone.

The Venue Pro was low-profile even amongst Windows Phones also.

And now, the Priv hasn't really succeeded. It got some attention and mixed reviews but people are really looking at this "Mercury".
    Vasil Dechkov likes this.
    02-08-2017 08:41 AM
    Also, the Venue Pro quickly gained a reputation for being buggy and unreliable.
    02-08-2017 09:22 AM
    Thanks everyone for giving your input. It's nice to hear all of your opinions in a nice manner. If Microsoft is looking for the next big thing like a fold able phone with ARM, do you believe if it's not ready by 2018 is that the end for Microsoft?
    02-08-2017 10:04 AM
    Thanks everyone for giving your input. It's nice to hear all of your opinions in a nice manner. If Microsoft is looking for the next big thing like a fold able phone with ARM, do you believe if it's not ready by 2018 is that the end for Microsoft?
    Nahh. It seems Microsoft when they are ready will pioneer something. Unless Samsung puts W10 on their 'foldable' phone before Microsoft does, I do not see them losing heart there. However it is always better late than never.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-08-2017 11:45 AM
    MS is a huge company that can afford to take their time on a project and do it right. I wouldn't lose faith yet.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    02-08-2017 02:00 PM
    It's already the end times for Microsoft in mobile, but Microsoft isn't going to roll over anytime soon. It's other divisions are doing well, even as the traditional PC loses ground to mobile.
    02-08-2017 10:26 PM
    Very good point Microsoft is a company who has their phone tested well so that performance is what customers are looking for, and not have to worry about exploding batteries. In good time it will be seen how all of this comes together.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-09-2017 10:14 AM
    Pc may being losing grounds comparatively to mobile, but the one thing pc's will still at the moment have over mobile is ease of use for typing, viewing sports events, and movies better.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-10-2017 07:43 AM
    Every new device has its growing pains, which is why we all have to be patient for a company to get things right. I feel as though a company do enough testing and still have issues, but well that is the nature of fast producing mobile devices.
    02-12-2017 08:34 PM
    Pc may being losing grounds comparatively to mobile, but the one thing pc's will still at the moment have over mobile is ease of use for typing, viewing sports events, and movies better.
    Not to mention the many other things PC has over mobile.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    02-12-2017 08:39 PM
    Perhaps there will come a time when we can all live with one device but I feel like that is a long time away. There's just too much software split between the multitude of ecosystems that makes it hard to have just one device. Plus, I can't imagine a replacement for a nice large keyboard and monitor. I also wonder if/when people when age out their smartphone. They're wonderful devices, but like the teenage boy that assumed he was going to wear black makeup and spikey hair forever, eventually they'll realize they need a PC, a shower, and a flannel shirt.
    02-12-2017 11:13 PM
    Thanks to everyone who participated on these pages, best of luck to everyone in the draw!
    02-13-2017 12:04 PM
    Alcatel seems to come closest to that model, with Android, WP, and Blackberry phones based on the same phone.
    xandros9 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-21-2017 01:05 AM
48 12