Printing from W10M

thinkitthrough

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is being sold as the ultimate "mobile productivity tool". Why, then, can I not print anything from my Lumia 950?

I get that the phones can't store thousands of printer drivers, no issue with that. But why on earth has Microsoft not made printing a webpage or an email or a text thread as easy as one tap? But it doesn't print at all. We have Windows 10 desktop, three laptops, SP3, all of which can print to our Costco-purchased Brother laser printer (i.e., it's not an obscure printer). Yet the Lumia 950 is a total fail when it comes to printing, even printing to PDF.

I'm strictly Production builds on my 15-month-old Lumia 950.

Thank you!

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have printed images in camera roll from my L950XL and its fine. Haven't tried PDFs yet.
Also, in my L650, the PRINT option *used* to be there earlier in the Threshold builds (10586) but it's been removed now for whatever reason.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I was using HP All-in-One app on my 830, 1520 & 950XL for wireless-HP printer at home. It works. Unfortunately, I reset my phone on fast lane, and cant download the app any longer. Oh well.
(I have no idea what the situation is like with other brand of printers... )

Edit/update: OK... finally manage to install the app after a dozen tries...

... !!

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
because MSFT chooses to copy Apple with phones. Apple iPhone doesn't have built-in print capability so why should Windows 10 Mobile phones?

Yes, to print from an iPhone natively requires an AirPrint capable printer, but of course a lot of printers support that. Also, I believe that printer manufacturers have apps for iOS.

In a nutshell, Apple's lack of native printing support (outside of AirPrint) in iOS isn't often an issue in the real world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb