Hey Dan,
    I wanna hear your thoughts about this.
    I feel like the only threat to Microsoft's Mobile attempts is Microsoft itself. Microsoft is trying to stay true to it roots by providing its apps and services (software) to everyone on all platforms. At the same time, its planning to attract the vast crowds to its future Mobile attempts (hopefully soon).
    Don't you think that if Microsoft pull out all of their services on competing platforms, it'll be making a statement and showing people that they need to go to Windows 10 Mobile in order to get these amazing apps? After all, that is how Apple and Android managed to make sure that their customers stay in the loop by making their platforms restricted to their platforms and not providing it outside their platforms.
    03-07-2017 11:14 AM
    While I'm not Dan, I can tell you the answer: No.

Why? Where Microsoft stands currently, they can't be as stubborn as Google. They can't pick who gets what.

Plus, that's not who they are. They're a software company; software and software services. They want to supply ideas, not stop them.
    RumoredNow, Azurus and aximtreo like this.
    03-07-2017 05:41 PM
    Hey Dan,
    I wanna hear your thoughts about this.
    I feel like the only threat to Microsoft's Mobile attempts is Microsoft itself. Microsoft is trying to stay true to it roots by providing its apps and services (software) to everyone on all platforms. At the same time, its planning to attract the vast crowds to its future Mobile attempts (hopefully soon).
    Don't you think that if Microsoft pull out all of their services on competing platforms, it'll be making a statement and showing people that they need to go to Windows 10 Mobile in order to get these amazing apps? After all, that is how Apple and Android managed to make sure that their customers stay in the loop by making their platforms restricted to their platforms and not providing it outside their platforms.
    Maybe you could list which services or apps that either google or apple has on their platforms but not with the other platform?

I'm quite sure that Google has apps for the apple ecosystem but is working the other way too?

Microsoft as has been said above is a software company first and foremost and thus will strive to have their software running on as many platforms as possible, including android and ios. It would hurt them severely if they were to withdraw from those platforms which have 100s of millions of users

From the way MS has been clearing a path with the surface line, I tend to believe their strategy with mobile will be slow but steady rather than all out at once
    03-09-2017 09:14 AM