Windows On Arm Android emulation

amater100

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
My question is regarding your thoughts on android emulation on windows 10 cloud/windows 10*on ARM for cellular pcs("surface phone"). Microsoft has been preparing to push UWP apps again, and for the unknown reasons canceled project astoria, but would they allow third party android emulators (which*already exist*for windows*10)*for cellular PCs (surface phone)*running windows 10 on arm. I see this to be crucial to help bridge the app gap, while the platform gains users, because developers will not*build apps for the platform with no users, meanwhile the platform would improve and the need for android apps would phase out, but would still allow anyone with a need for a legacy android app to access and use it on the "windows cellular pc"

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That would be rather difficult and would result in a very appalling experience.

Have you tried a running a virtual machine inside a virtual machine? :grin:

That's pretty easy to do, if you download vmware player and install windows 10 on it for example then install ubuntu in another virtual machine inside the vmware player virtual machine....

Sure it would function but it wouldn't be a pleasent experience.

Secondly they gutted the android emulation from mobile once and I don't see Microsoft doing that again as it would simply show that "they've given up on Windows mobile" in every shape or form and that is far from the truth.

Although as it stands they've dug the hole themselves and time will tell if they can climb out it it.

Intention and implementation are vastly two different things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05