Why should I wait for Surface Phone? Then wait for Surface Phone 2?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Before I jump to the question, I am well loving my Windows Phone as well as using it as daily driver. So nothing like being anti-Windows or anti-non-windows stuff :)

Looking into the way Mobile world progressing with MS and non-MS companies, I would like to ask Dan - why should I wait for Surface Phone? and then getting that 'Surface Phone' after 1.5 / 2 yrs from now with features what others might be giving us today, trying to give some consolation to myself to wait for Surface Phone 2 again that MS will do better this time? I mean if every time with new Windows phones the expectations are like that "OK, lets live with this phone for now, whatever my friend has today, I will see in next version of Windows phones...may be next year", why should someone really just wait for Windows Phone?

I know fanboys' answer that just move on to non-MS systems if it looks good, but sadly Windows Phone community has this genuine question IMO.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Before I jump to the question, I am well loving my Windows Phone as well as using it as daily driver. So nothing like being anti-Windows or anti-non-windows stuff :)

Looking into the way Mobile world progressing with MS and non-MS companies, I would like to ask Dan - why should I wait for Surface Phone? and then getting that 'Surface Phone' after 1.5 / 2 yrs from now with features what others might be giving us today, trying to give some consolation to myself to wait for Surface Phone 2 again that MS will do better this time? I mean if every time with new Windows phones the expectations are like that "OK, lets live with this phone for now, whatever my friend has today, I will see in next version of Windows phones...may be next year", why should someone really just wait for Windows Phone?

I know fanboys' answer that just move on to non-MS systems if it looks good, but sadly Windows Phone community has this genuine question IMO.

One of the main things every individual needs to look at is what are they looking for in a phone and why

Write down your needs from a phone, your expectations and then check which phones can satisfy your needs. If it happens to be a windows mobile device, then use it. If your current device no longer meets your needs at all, then you should look for a new one.

Personally, it does not make sense for a person to keep buying new phones every year or every 2 years even unless the needs are very great.

As for the hoped for surface phone/mobile, it may come with the basic features or it may come with the features you're hoping for. Or it may come with features no one expected to see but will be exciting to have

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos