Does the Creators Update bring more polish to Windows 10 Mobile?

hoodliedoo

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have used windows phones since WP7 but jumped ship to iOS after buying a Lumia 950 and having quite a few problems with it. The main issue preventing me from coming back is the lack of polish in WP10. iOS has problems, but they tend to exist around the margins of daily use. Windows 10 Mobile seemed to have more issues with core functionality and first party apps. Has this been resolved to any degree with the creators update? How would you compare the stability of WP10 to iOS or Android at this point?

Here are a few of the concerns that caused me to switch:

• Camera performance is incredibly slow
  • Apps are slow to load
  • First party apps crash
  • Settings are difficult to navigate
  • Features from WP8 disappeared or were hard to find. (ie. no linked inboxes in the initial WP10 release)
  • Live tiles seemed to update less reliably
  • The maps app was not as intuitive as Here maps

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have used windows phones since WP7 but jumped ship to iOS after buying a Lumia 950 and having quite a few problems with it. The main issue preventing me from coming back is the lack of polish in WP10. iOS has problems, but they tend to exist around the margins of daily use. Windows 10 Mobile seemed to have more issues with core functionality and first party apps. Has this been resolved to any degree with the creators update? How would you compare the stability of WP10 to iOS or Android at this point?

Here are a few of the concerns that caused me to switch:

• Camera performance is incredibly slow
  • Apps are slow to load
  • First party apps crash
  • Settings are difficult to navigate
  • Features from WP8 disappeared or were hard to find. (ie. no linked inboxes in the initial WP10 release)
  • Live tiles seemed to update less reliably
  • The maps app was not as intuitive as Here maps
http://windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-creators-update-runs-great-older-devices

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb