Are you annoyed by Microsoft's Choice to Update Apps on Rival Platforms, Before their own?

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
For instance, Look at Outlook.com with its focused inbox and add ins on iOS. Does this annoy you? Or do you support the idea because more people use iPhone’s and Android devices? I would love to hear your opinion.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but I actually prefer the WM outlook and calendar better that the iOS version. Cortana has a better interface and the full screen is used to render the feed. I think my overall annoyance (anger) at MS is not just the app gap issue, but their utter apathy for win mobile. They can say they support WM all they want but their actions speak volumes otherwise.

I read the article about the search for mobile program mangers yesterday. Perhaps things may start to change but it's still talk. I need to see actual bodies doing something.

As for app updates... they are more frequent on other platforms than their own. I understand it. Its all about the number of users in the platform. Which is why we don't see WM updates.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes I'm really pissed about how they gave ios the better wordflow keyboard while the one we have sucks at autocorrecting with none of the features on ios

Sent from Idol 4S

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Not at all because I enjoy the experience on my Windows phone better than on the others. I don't worry about what they can do or have because it doesn't interest me.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes I'm really pissed about how they gave ios the better wordflow keyboard while the one we have sucks at autocorrecting with none of the features on ios

Sent from Idol 4S

Are you on the latest fast insider? I hated the keyboard too. But ever since going on fast ring It has improved quite a bit. It's almost as good as it was back in the windows 8.1 days. In fact, some things are better. Provided you have the setting in place where it takes your typing data into account. I often use fake words with friends that have a meaning to us but not anyone else and wordflow actually adds them after a while of typing manually! It's pretty sweet. I don't think win 8.1 did that for wordflow.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Are you on the latest fast insider? I hated the keyboard too. But ever since going on fast ring It has improved quite a bit. It's almost as good as it was back in the windows 8.1 days. In fact, some things are better. Provided you have the setting in place where it takes your typing data into account. I often use fake words with friends that have a meaning to us but not anyone else and wordflow actually adds them after a while of typing manually! It's pretty sweet. I don't think win 8.1 did that for wordflow.
Where is that setting? I'm on the latest fast ring

Sent from Idol 4s

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Where is that setting? I'm on the latest fast ring

Sent from Idol 4s

It's under privacy > speech inking...
You basically need to allow it to get to know you.

I should also note that after getting on fast ring I was forced to do a hard reset because it wouldn't install properly. I ended up going through wdrt and going through the update process and starting a fresh install of latest insider.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It's under privacy > speech inking...
You basically need to allow it to get to know you.

I should also note that after getting on fast ring I was forced to do a hard reset because it wouldn't install properly. I ended up going through wdrt and going through the update process and starting a fresh install of latest insider.
I did the same thing I swapped out my idol 4s and when I got the new phone every time I would put it on the fast ring when it would restart i wouldn't get any cellular connection at all so I used wdrt and went back then got back on the fast ring and that worked. So far everything is working right and I have that setting enabled by default it seems. Thanks

Sent from Idol 4s

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
When Outlook for iOS has the ability to use custom notifications then I'll say it's close. When either of them have dark theme natively then maybe I'll consider them closer. Until then, Windows reigns supreme.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3