Microsoft Future Vision

nufailshabandri

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,I am new in this forum. Yesterday i saw the "Microsoft's Future Vision" video and i was so blown away by that. Most of the future vision were about really thin touch and also folding display. While watching this the only question running in my mind was "What will be the power source for such kind of thin and folding display?", "What type of battery will be used?"

#AskDan
Thanks
Nufail

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Rather looking at the battery type, we should also consider the processor power consumption of the newer generation chips. SD820 is a 14nm process chip while the SD835 is a 10nm process chip which consumes much less energy. The 7nm process chip will show up in 2018. TSMC will be ramping up their 5nm process chip production in 2020 and 3nm procees chip in 2022. They are also working on the design for 2nm chip at present. So you can see there will be major advancement on the mobile processor front in the next few years. The battery life will be improved greatly due to the power efficient processors rather than the battery type or size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo