'Journey Creator' tool for Maps... Long overdue?

SchizoHammer

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi Dan
I am an avid listener to the podcast (as I am sure many here are) and I remember a couple of weeks ago you made a comment in passing about not being happy with the Maps app and this brought back my biggest wish for the app... a 'Journey Creator' tool.

What I mean is a tool that lets you select a starting point, add destination points and basically create a driving route plan of OUR choice rather than just point A to point B via the quickest and most direct 2 or 3 routes.

This could use the drawing capabilities which already feature within the app, or drag/drop like you can with route plans on Google Maps. Once you have mapped out your route you should then be able to save the journey and send it to other devices (or have them sync like Favourite Places do) so you can plan a route on a PC (large screens help here) and then send it to your phone to use as a GPS.

Now, my question... is there anyway to get this request to Microsoft? I have left multiple messages via their Feedback app over the the last year or so but that doesn't seem to get anywhere.
Do you think this is a possible feature that could come? Do you even think it is a good idea?
Any advice for trying to get this implemented in to Maps? Or could you recommend an alternative app that might do as I require? Even a paid for one...

Thank you for your time.

James Frazer.
London.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon