Photos App on Windows 10 PC is nice the edit pictures. But it lacks a lot of functions to manage a pictures Library.

I have thousands of pictures of my family, my holidays, my life. With Photos App, it is very difficult to manage such an amount of pictures.

I would like to (batch) edit the metadata of my pictures:
    - add geotags
    - add face tags
    - add keywords
    - correct the time of the picture

Then I would like to filter my Library based on these criteria.

I use Picasa for Desktop to do this. But this is an obsolete since Google killed it.

Dan, do you know if Microsoft has some plans to make these features available ?

Thanks !
    06-05-2017 02:31 PM
    Yes it does I believe, MS showed an awesome improvement to the photos app during build 2017 and I'm sure this is just the beginning ++ Feedback hub is the best place to share your ideas...
    06-05-2017 02:53 PM
    Isn't Story Remix built into the Photos App or am I mistaken and is Story Remix standalone?
    06-06-2017 04:32 AM
    Yeah, its called story remix. They demo'd it at build 2017. Just put "story remix build 2017" into your search engine.

It automatically identifies people and tags them by their name. I'm sure you can edit that tag too.

Story remix probably has everything you just asked for, or at least most of it. It's due in the fall creators update at the end of the year.
    06-06-2017 06:06 AM
    Originally posted by Samuel 444
    Photos App on Windows 10 PC is nice the edit pictures. But it lacks a lot of functions to manage a pictures Library.

I have thousands of pictures of my family, my holidays, my life. With Photos App, it is very difficult to manage such an amount of pictures.

I would like to (batch) edit the metadata of my pictures:
    - add geotags
    - add face tags
    - add keywords
    - correct the time of the picture

Then I would like to filter my Library based on these criteria.

I use Picasa for Desktop to do this. But this is an obsolete since Google killed it.

Dan, do you know if Microsoft has some plans to make these features available ?

Thanks !

I recently got an update to the Photos app on my Surface Pro 4 (on Production) it has a new UI, Fluent Design, search photos by location and face, even by name of people. It automatically groups people photos by recognizing the faces. I don't think editing metadata is there yet, I will check. But it is not the Story Remix that MS showed during build.

It is not available on my Insider Fast machine though. I think it's a part of some A/B testing.
    milkyway likes this.
    06-09-2017 09:36 AM
    I recently got an update to the Photos app on my Surface Pro 4 (on Production) it has a new UI, Fluent Design, search photos by location and face, even by name of people. It automatically groups people photos by recognizing the faces. I don't think editing metadata is there yet, I will check. But it is not the Story Remix that MS showed during build.

It is not available on my Insider Fast machine though. I think it's a part of some A/B testing.
    Automatically grouping people by recognising faces is a feature MS attributed to story remix. What you have is probably a part way thing.
    06-09-2017 11:13 PM
    Searching for people by name, How?
    06-10-2017 09:14 AM