Question about the new Lenovo folding device (or as it would pertain to any folding screen phone)

jsjohnson1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't often post but this new potential class of device has me really thinking whether there could be a way to protect such a device in a practical and lightweight manner. I'd love the opinion of any engineer from one of the better known and respected case manufacturers to give a thought on whether it's even possible to design a case for such a folding device given the tolerances and form factor. I ask this because once flexible screens take off, this new mode of phone-to-tablet could be quite common. I'd hate to think of the back side of the phone being totally exposed all the time like the Lenovo currently is.

If anyone could maybe connect with a contact at a case company not to ask if anything is in development (which I know they won't comment on) but rather whether there is even a way to adequately offer the level of protection currently afforded single screened devices.

Thanks for your time and all the work your staff puts in to making this site great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers