OMG - the HP Elite x3 may be coming soon to the Verizon Network!!!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
THIS is definitely an Ask Dan type of question that requires a "BIG picture type of perspective" and deep insight into all of these players and "motivations"!

The Elite x3 is one year old with a QC 820 and Microsoft "has KILLED" WM10.

HP is rumored to be closing very large Enterprise deals that require the HP Elite x3 as an endpoint - I use to work for HP and large "Enterprise deals" do NOT always "require/need" the latest versions of anything as the "endpoints" like desktops, tablets, 2-in-ones, smartphones, etc. are ONLY a small piece of an "overall end-to-end solution" that is delivered to the customer.

Dan, please help us understand the "big picture here"!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I posted this in the HP Elite x3 forum and this article sheds some light on large deals. Over the last 6 to 9 months, there have been numerous articles about "large deals" involving Microsoft Surface and "mobile devices" so at least one "catalyst" is likely "Enterprise DEMAND"?

Microsoft Claims Big Software Win in HP | Fortune.com

Good find there. Not everyone is on AT&T or T-Mobile...plus the X3 is much more than a phone...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, well, well ... DEALS like this usually signal a model upgrade!

Or they're simply trying to move existing stock of a device that isn't selling too well before it depreciates too much.

Sales don't mean there's going to be an upgraded model.

Relevant: HP TouchPad firesale.

Also relevant: Windows 10 Mobile doesn't support anything newer than the Snapdragon 820 in the current X3.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Or they're simply trying to move existing stock of a device that isn't selling too well before it depreciates too much.

Sales don't mean there's going to be an upgraded model.

Relevant: HP TouchPad firesale.

Also relevant: Windows 10 Mobile doesn't support anything newer than the Snapdragon 820 in the current X3.

Excellent points but there is mounting evidence that HP "may be working on a new version":

1) HP Booth at MWC in early March showed a "newer version" - it was behind a glass case, but why show anything?

2) At Computex on March 31, 2017 https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2...agon-835-mobile-pc-platform-unveiled-computex

3) It is now almost August 1 and the typical "back to school, and BACK TO WORK" sales cycle. It would be "illogical of HP" to NOW introduce a 2+ year old SoC 820 version on Verizon and get slammed in the Press. UNLESS, of course, HP is ALREADY well under way "delivering" HUGE Enterprise deployments and the current model running on the Verizon Network IS A REQUIREMENT. Large Enterprises are all about ROI and Value Proposition and "are often 1 or 2 generation BEHIND in the hardware technology as "it may not matter"?

A "current Elite x3" version - SAME hardware - would simply verify #3 - a "newer 835 version" would indicate that HP intend to take the Elite x3 more mainstream IMHO.

I used to work for HP in Global Accounts Sales and we shall soon see! (I have heard that HP IS quite successful with the Elite x3 but have read no sales numbers)

sanchezursua

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I just played with the HP Elite X3 in the Microsoft Store and it is a nice piece of work. If it goes to Verizon I'm dumping my LG V20 as soon as I get the news. I bought a 950XL and used it on AT&T and Cricket Wireless and the service was bad. I had to get back to Verizon so I went Android cuz I Hate Apple. Please Verizon, please allow the HP Elite X3 on your Network.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
The one thing about the x3 is that the camera is horrid. I originally thought that wouldn't matter bit it does. Also would have been nice to have NFC.

Other than that, the device is a beast. Mine is acting up so I'm switching between my 950xl and Iphone 7+

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The one thing about the x3 is that the camera is horrid. I originally thought that wouldn't matter bit it does. Also would have been nice to have NFC.

Other than that, the device is a beast. Mine is acting up so I'm switching between my 950xl and Iphone 7+

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

It has NFC. Is it true as it does not support the needs for tap to pay etc.?..So was HPs plan with NFC ever in line with consumers and purchasing needs?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
WOW ... I just called HP "SMB Sales" and the rep sais *** YES ***, the HP Elite x3 IS IN STOCK and WORKS on Verizon ... the dock is separate and the phone is, as I recall, only 5% off currently.

He didn't know about EXITING HP Elite x3s WORKING on Verizon and referred me to a special phone number for Elite x3 "support" 1-866-635-1175

The said "NOT YET, WORKING ON IT" ... ONLY "NEW STOCK" works on BOTH Verizon and GSM - I asked her twice and she put me on hold to "verify".

SO ... "it appears" that all of the "reports" that ALL RADIOS were "onboard" was true!

Microsoft sure has some "explaining to do" as that really makes me angry to hear - IF TRUE!

Last edited:

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It's been "dead silent" across ALL of the usual Windows Phone sites - ESPECIALLY Windows Central!!!

The fact that the HP Elite x3 IS NOW ON VERIZON "should be" at least "breaking news" (it was in July?)

I mean:

1) NOTHING from HP
2) NOTHING from Verizon
3) NOTHING from Dan - who owns an Elite x3 and "has tried" to use a Verizon SIM

Anyone know ... is there some sort of "embargo"?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think it is cool that HP is ambitious with their Windows 10 Mobile product. The phone is something to be proud of on their end. The Hardware alone and construction is excellent. Military grade protection goes a long way for me since I live in an mostly extreme climate being in AZ.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans